Friday, September 19, 2014

Five on Friday - {09.19.2014}

ONE.

This past Tuesday was the second week of a Bible study that I started going to at Christ Community Church. It's a Beth Moore study on 1 and 2 Thessalonians. So far I love it. There are around 40-50 women in the study. We sit at the tables in groups of 8 or so and we sit with the same people each time. I am the youngest one at my table, as most of them have children my age and several grandchildren, but I love that. The women I am with have a lot of wisdom and insight and life experiences that I can learn from and the conversations we have during our time together are great. It is so great to have met all these new people and start growing my own church family here in Omaha. It is also so comforting to know that this group of women will be praying for each other throughout the week and that we are all in the Word and studying the same things each day.

TWO. 


Last weekend we celebrated Trent's grandma's birthday along with our brother-in-law, Russ's birthday. We all went out to eat at Zombie Burger to celebrate and watched the Iowa vs. Iowa State game together. We had lots of good food and conversation, and it was a great weekend!

THREE.

Trent and I got the girls some personalized jump ropes and gave them to them last weekend. Jenna is a tad to little yet to effectively use hers, but Taylor did awesome. I even taught her how to do the little double hop in between each bigger jump and she caught on super quick! Us big kids adults even got to give the jump roping a try! We didn't do so bad ourselves! :)

FOUR.

Mattie is adorable and I love her. That's all.

FIVE.

Trent and I are taking off for the weekend to go to St. Louis. We got tickets to the Rams vs. Cowboys game on Sunday, so we're going down for a tiny vacation. This will be the first NFL game that I have been to, so I'm really looking forward to it. 

Above is a picture of the arch that I took the last time Trent and I were in St. Louis together (with other people as well). That was before us being a WE was even a thought! Oh how things change! :)

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment