Friday, September 19, 2014

Iowa State Fair!

This year, my fair experience was fabulous! We got to go both Saturday and part of the day on Sunday there, which made it even greater than normal! :)

Saturday, Trent and I and his parents showed up soon after the fair opened and began looking around. We got some breakfast at the Methodist food stand, looked at some animals, walked past the Clydesdale's, and watched the beginning of a clogging performance. Then my mom and Jared and Kenzie arrived and we all took off through the fair together, beginning at the Green Egg tent.


Then we went to see some animals including, of course, the biggest bull and boar.



Then we went around and walked through the Agriculture Building, rode through Ye Old Mill, watched some of the Bill Riley Talent Show and walked through the Varied Industries Building. All essentials when you're at the fair!



Then, after a full day of fun, Trent and his parents headed home and the rest of us (plus Jocelyn who arrived at about that time) stayed so we could go to the Lady Antebellum concert that night. 


We did find time to eat some more food, ride the tram around, go through a few more buildings on the hill and take a ride on the sky glide before going in to the concert, though!


All 5 of us on the Sky Glide


Before we knew it, we were in our seats and ready for the concert. Both Billy Currington and Lady Antebellum were awesome (of course). We "rocked' out and sung our hearts out the whole concert. It was so much fun!! I'm so glad that we all got to go together!

Here's a few of the videos I took during the concert. Please please excuse the horrible singing that you can hear over the good singing! We were into it just a little bit!!





We all stayed in downtown Des Moines overnight then on Sunday morning I went to early church with a new and good friend, Megan, who was in town from Wisconsin and then to a later service to the church that Jocelyn called home when she lived in Des Moines. It was a great morning! 

All of our family that was in Des Moines met up at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and then it was time for my mom and I to head back to the fair! We were there early enough to go to the last few places that we had missed the day before like the DNR building and the upstairs part of the Agriculture building, we even had time to sit and watch a cooking demo in the Varied Industries building, and then it was time to head back into the grandstand for the Styx and Foreigner concert. This night we were in row #5!

The concert was tons of fun. I sang along to all the songs that I knew, but, of course, my mom sang along to every.single.one! Seeing everyone rocking out to every song and getting so into it really made me smile and laugh! And seeing my mom rocking out to the songs from her high school/college days was great. And I'll repeat what I said that night about the "old guys" from both groups - I wish I looked as good in skinny jeans as they do! :) You'll see what I mean in the pictures below! 
It was such a good time and great experience with my mom. I'm so happy that I got to go!

Here's my videos from this concert. Sorry that the bass is overbearing in a few of the videos!




She got a Foreigner guitar pick!








The Iowa State Fair was another success this year! I'm looking forward to next year already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment