Monday, September 29, 2014

Back Road Bash 2 and Grandma Kock's Birthday

The first weekend of September was a busy one filled with a day of country music at the Back Road Bash in Vail, celebrating a high school classmates wedding, and celebrating Grandma Kock's 78th birthday!


Trent and I arrived at the Bash with some birthday balloons for Grandma and stayed to help sell pizza for the majority of the afternoon. It was a perfect day for a country music concert!!


Later on in the afternoon, we left for a while to go celebrate a classmate of mine's wedding. I grew up doing a lot of things with Jenica. We went to school and church together and it was great to see her so happy and beautiful on her wedding day.




After celebrating for a while, we headed back to the Bash to round out the night. It was a very fun (but chilly) evening!


On Sunday, we all gathered at Grandma Kock's to celebrate her birthday. We took that opportunity to spoil her, so we didn't let her cook or get us anything or clean up after us or anything!

She even got to go first in line and actually sit down and eat her food first. I don't think we've ever seen her go through the line first OR actually sit down at the table to eat at the same time as everyone else!






Grandma has always been the one to make us cakes for our birthdays, so I took this opportunity to make her a cake for once! It wasn't anything fancy and I only destroyed a couple layers of cake in the process, but we did have cake to eat in the end! And Grandma thought it tasted pretty good, so that's all that really matters, right?!?! I guess I just need a few more lessons before I stand any chance at becoming the new cake baker!


We took the opportunity of all of us being there at the same time to take some family photos, too





And being the strange ducklings that we are, we took some group senior picture-ish photos using the props at Grandma and Grandpa's. Yes, we are cool! :)




We were so caught up in taking creative pictures, that we forgot to consider the safety of the one of us that is currently active in sports... whoops. Luckily no one was injured during our photo shoot!


The whole day (and weekend) was just a blast. We all just had fun hanging out together and celebrating Grandma's birthday. She has done SO MUCH for us all for our whole lives and she deserves so much more that we will ever be able to give her! She is one special special lady and I love her sooo much!!! I can't wait to celebrate many many more birthdays with her!!


No comments:

Post a Comment