Thursday, November 13, 2014

Hocus Pocus Halloween Party

Back on the weekend before Halloween, my mom and sister, my aunts, and my girl cousins all came over to our house for a Hocus Pocus Halloween Party! It was a beautiful fall day and a perfect day for a party!

After everyone arrived, we got right to work carving pumpkins around the dining room table. Everyone got creative making different faces, animals, letters or designs in their pumpkins.


A few weeks before the party, I came across this blog post on Facebook titled "How to Carve a Pumpkin in 15 Minutes" and she was giving away a Rockwell Sonicrafter F30.


I immediately sent the post to my family and said we needed some power tools for our party! I then entered the giveaway and kind of forgot about it. Lo and behold, a week or so later, I got an email from the author of the blog saying I should check out who won and it was MEEEEE!!! I was probably way more excited than I should have been when I saw - jumping around all giddy at work because of it! It showed up at our house the day before the party. It was fate! :)

I didn't use it to carve my whole pumpkin, but I did use it to make mine and Kenzie's openings so we could scoop out all the guts. It was pretty crazy and definitely added some excitement to the evening!

When it was all said and done, here's what everyone's pumpkins looked like. It's a pretty good looking bunch if I do say so myself!


After the pumpkin carving, we all ate some Chicken Tortilla soup and sandwiches and Jocelyn also made some "Mummy Halloweenies" to get everyone in a festive mood!

When we were done eating, we all gathered in the family room to watch Hocus Pocus to finish up the night! I don't think that movie will ever get old! It was the perfect ending to a successfully fun day!!

Sisters!
My mother and I

No comments:

Post a Comment