Saturday, November 22, 2014

Fall at Our House

This week, the fall decorations came down and Christmas started to take over. 
Since we will be gone all of Thanksgiving weekend (and bringing home a new puppy) we wanted to be able to enjoy the decorations for the whole month of December and focus on things other things during that time! So we decided we'd better get a head start!

Before the Christmas goes up, I wanted to document want our house looked like for fall this year. I still need to read how to take good pictures inside, so these will just have to do for now - and it's so fun to see how it changes from year to year regardless of the quality of the pictures.






This is my favorite part of the living room. These drawers came from my mom's newspaper office and I love having both sides of our family sitting in the same place so I can see them every time I walk into the room!


These pictures of our family room and kitchen also show our new paint color that we painted with the help of Trent's parents back in August. The color makes such a difference from what it was last year.










 Now all those pumpkins have gathered on the dining room table and by the end of the day they will make their way to the basement for another 10 months!


And now the tree is up and waiting to be decorated, by the end of the day, the outside lights will be up and waiting to be turned on after Thanksgiving, too!

1 comment:

  1. Your house is gorgeous .. and looks ginormous! Maybe someday I will see it in person. I'm so jealous of your decorating skills... come on over. :) We put up Christmas decorations today, too!

    ReplyDelete