Last weekend was one of my favorite weekends of the summer. It was the annual Bell Reunion. I have loved the Bell Reunion ever since I was little. I am so blessed to have a big family and to be close to them, and the Bell Reunion was always a time to see all of those family members. We eat a lot and play cards and beanbags and go swimming and talk and take pictures, it's just so much fun.
The reunion is all of the family members of my Grandma's Grandparents Emma and Pete Bell. They had eight children, so, as you can imagine, there gets to be a lot of people that show up for this big event. As my cousins my age and myself get older, it does get harder to get everyone together just for the fact that we aren't young, carefree kids anymore with few obligations. We have year round jobs now and have started families of our own and some have moved away and sometimes it's hard to make time in your schedule to get there every year, but we are all super excited to see everyone that does make it. This year, my own husband was unable to make it, but with the way the calendar fell this year and the first Sunday in August being so 'late' (being the 6th rather than the 1st of the month like it was last year) he just couldn't make it work with August being such a busy month for him.
I arrived home on Saturday afternoon and was able to spend some time at my Grandparents' house with my Great Aunt Mimi and my little cousin Cooper. Gradually, as the day went on, more people showed up and the guys got done with their annual Bell Shoot and everyone ended up there for a great supper and a late night card game for the guys.
 |
| Everyone enjoying supper and hanging out in the kitchen. |
 |
Meeting of the minds! My Great Uncle Ted and Grandpa.
And they match too :) |
 |
| A picture with my mom on Bell Reunion Eve |
 |
| My dad and I |
 |
| My sister and I |
 |
| Bill showing Aunt Mimi how much he loves her =) |
 |
| Me with Uncle Paul |
Then, on Sunday, just before noon, we headed into Vail for some more fun!
 |
| My mom and Uncle Paul doing the dishes after lunch. |
 |
| Some people hanging out watching the bean bag tournament. |
 |
| My mom and Uncle Dan in action. Dan and his partner took 1st place |
 |
Kellsey and her partner taking on Ryan and his partner.
Kellsey and her partner ended up 2nd. |
 |
| My mom, Jocelyn and I |
 |
| The winners of the bean bag tournament. |
 |
Kellsey was late for her team picture so she had to take one alone.
2nd place! |
 |
| Cooper and I |
 |
| Me and Grandma |
 |
My family.
I'm afraid that my dad has had a little influence on my sister... |
 |
| The members of the Jessie Aylward family that were in attendance for the picture. We're missing a few. |
No comments:
Post a Comment