Friday, August 26, 2011

Kellsey's Shower/Bachelorette Party!

Last weekend was a fun weekend that I spent in Sioux City celebrating Kellsey’s upcoming wedding.


I went up to Sioux City on Friday night to just hang out and prepare for Saturday and then on Saturday, we had a small bridal shower for Kellsey with some of her closest friends. After the shower, we all headed out and just spent the day doing things together that Kellsey loves. 
(Below are pictures from the day's events)
Working on making the scrapbook/guestbook for Kellsey
I think it turned out great!


Kellsey with the youngest member of the party, Jayli

Time to eat!

Notice the very yummy lemon strawberry truffle made by Nikki.
It was great!

Super cute mugs from Amanda!

Me with the Bride!
At the shower
When we left the shower, we went to get pedicures. 

Kellsey is pretty sensitive when it comes to her feet =)

Kellsey and I

Amanda, Nikki, and Jocelyn getting their pedicures



The girls with the bride!!
 After the pedicures, we headed out to do a little shopping. We picked up some of Kellsey's wedding things from the mall and went to David's Bridal to check out what they had for veils that she might like.


We had some bonding time in the dressing room, too.

We finished up the day by going out to eat and then crashing at the hotel for the night! 


It was so much fun having everyone have a little part in the planning of Kellsey’s wedding and have talk about girl stuff all day. Kellsey also tried on her wedding dress for us with all of her accessories, so we all got a sneak peak of how beautiful she will be on her wedding day! It made me even more excited for Kellsey and Wade’s big day that is coming up very quickly!


- I am happy to say that Kellsey is actually on her way to Omaha right now to spend the night here. How lucky am I?!?
Tomorrow, we're heading to Des Moines for the day. We are going to Jocelyn's White Coat Ceremony at Des Moines University in the morning, which is super cool. It's crazy to think that she's on her way to being a Physical Therapist! I'm sure it won't feel like very long at all until she's walking across a stage to graduate (it won't feel like long to the rest of us anyway).


I am also getting my hair permed tomorrow. I'm getting pretty nervous about that! Even though I have spent a lot of years with curly hair, I just hope that I'm going to like it! The end goal is to reduce the time I have to spend getting ready in the morning, so I hope it all goes well. Stay tuned for an update on that one!!


I am also happy to say that when I get home tomorrow night, Trent's family will be here. I am sad that I am going to miss being with them during the day on Saturday, but I am very happy that I'll get to come home to them all being here!


It's gonna be a very fun, but quick weekend. 
I hope you all have a great one, too!
Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment