Last weekend, we went to the Covered Bridge Festival in Winterset and to an Apple Orchard outside of Adel with Trent's family. We had a great time going through all the stores, seeing the girls get their faces painted and we enjoyed some cheese curds, corn dogs and kettle corn at the festival! These two events were also a great time for me to try to get better at using my camera.
Jenna got her face painted like a butterfly and Taylor got hers painted like a cheetah, which was fitting since that was the theme of our outfit for the day!
At the orchard, it was so fun to see how excited the girls got while looking at the chickens and goats, going on a hay ride and going all through the pumpkin patch trying to find the best ones!
Trent attempted to find the biggest pumpkin in the field to try and break the record for the heaviest pumpkin found by anyone, but we didn't have any luck finding one that was quite that big. The heaviest objects that our pumpkin cart had in it that day was Taylor and Jenna! Him and I did each get our own pumpkins, though, and we walked away with over 50 pounds of pumpkins between us! So I'd say that was probably big enough!
Here's the four pumpkins we left with. The girls were searching for the perfect small ones and they definitely found them! They look very tiny next to Trent and I's, though!
After we found the pumpkins that were going home with us, we went into their little shop and bought some apples (with which I've made apple crisp this week and it has been a great snack each night!), got some apple cider, and tried some of their apple wine and donuts!
Then, we got in line for the hay rack and took a ride around the property before calling it a day.
It was a fun weekend and it was great to be out and about enjoying some fun, fall activities!
The weekend ended with one more piece of exciting news!!!!! I can't wait to share about it on here so I can document all about it!! I want to be sure to tell everyone that I want to tell personally before they would find out here, though, so hopefully that happens soon. (And, no, it has nothing to do with a baby.)

Don't worry - you aren't killing me with this exciting news or anything .. and I'm not sure I believe your ( ). ;)
ReplyDeleteI knew I should have just added your name after that comment, because I knew that was right where your mind was going to go! :)
Delete