Friday, October 10, 2014

Five on Friday - Favorite Song Edition {10.10.2014}

Happy Friday, everyone!
I haven't done a Favorite Song Friday in a long time, but, really, I haven't had any songs in my life that were really doing it for me for a while. But now.... I have THREE!! So I'm incorporating it into my Friday Five this week!
I hope you all had a great week!

ONE.
First off, I want to wish a BIIIGG Happy 5th Anniversary to Aunt Doreen and Uncle Nick!!
I love you both SO SO much!! I hope you have a great day (and a great vacation) celebrating!



The newest song by Jeremy Camp is, not surprisingly, another one of my favorites!
Just like the title, it is about how, even when we feel like we are all alone and no one understands what we're going through and the hurt and sadness we feel, HE KNOWS! More than anyone else, God understands and knows what we are going through. Jesus suffered death on the cross and He has compassion for what we're going through! It is so comforting to know that He is always holding us in His hands and is walking with us through all our days, the good and the bad.

In this video, Jeremy talks about the real inspiration behind the song and what it means to him. He says it better than I can express! :)

You can listen to the song by watching the video below or clicking here.

All the bitter weary ways. Endless striving day by day. You barely have the strength to pray in the valley low.
How hard your fight has been. How deep the pain within. Wounds that no one else has seen. Hurts too much to show.
All the doubt you're standing in between. And all the weight that brings you to your knees.

He knows. He knows. 
Every hurt and every sting He has walked the suffering
He knows. He knows.
Let your burdens come undone
Lift your eyes up to the One who knows
He knows.

We may faint and we may sink. Feel the pain and near the brink. 
But the dark begins to shrink. When you find the one who knows.
The chains of doubt that held you in between. One by one are starting to break free.

Every time that you feel forsaken. Every time that you feel alone. He is near to the brokenhearted. Every tear.
He knows

My next favorite song is by my girl, Francesca Battistelli!
This song has the same broad theme as the Jeremy Camp song, that GOD.KNOWS.YOU! Even with all the people on the Earth, you aren't a stranger. God knows your name and He loves you! It gives me chills just to think about that! I want to dance around the room and tell everyone that Good News!!

My favorite words of the song are in the chorus. "I don't need my name in lights. I'm famous in my Father's eyes. Make no mistake. He knows my name. I'm not living for applause. I'm already so adored. It's all his stage, He knows my name."

Here's a video of Francesca giving a little insight behind the meaning of the song.

You can listen to the song by watching the video below or clicking here.

Spent today in a conversation. In the mirror face to face with. Somebody less than perfect. I wouldn't choose me first if. I was looking for a champion. In fact I'd understand if. You picked everyone before me. But that's just not my story.
True to who You are You saw my heart. And made something out of nothing, so...

I don't need my name in lights I'm famous in my Father's eyes
Make no mistake He knows my name
I'm not living for applause I'm already so adored
It's all His stage He knows my name
He knows my name 

I'm not meant to just stay quiet. I'm meant to be a lion. I'll roar beyond a song. With every moment that I've got.
True to who You are You saw my heart. And made something out of nothing.

He calls me chosen. Free, forgiven. 
Wanted. Child of the King. 
His forever. Held and treasured. 
I am loved!

FOUR.
And for my third and final favorite song for today, my girl, Carrie Underwood. 
(Yes, both Francesca and Carrie are "my girls")
She released her new song Something in the Water last week, but I didn't listen to it until I was on the way to work on Wednesday morning. After that, I think I listened to it at least 20 more times that day.
This song also makes my heart happy. The part of the song the song that says "And now I'm singing along to Amazing Grace. Can't nobody wipe this smile off my face. Got joy in my heart. Angels on my side. Thank God Almighty, I saw the light." makes me so giddy. And then the song is layered with the words from the hymn "Amazing Grace" and that just brings tears to my eyes. One of those things I can't explain, but I just feel it. It makes me want to put the song on repeat, lay on the floor with my hands open and my eyes closed, and just smile!

You can listen to the song by watching the video below or clicking here.

He said, "I've been where you've been before. Down every hallway's a slamming door. No way out, no one to come and save me. Wasting a life that the Good Lord gave me. Then somebody said what I'm saying to you, Opened my eyes and told me the truth. They said, 'Just a little faith, it'll all get better.' So I followed that preacher man down to the river and now I'm changed. And now I'm stronger.

"There must've been something in the water
Oh, there must've been something in the water."

Well, I heard what he said and I went on my way. Didn't think about it for a couple of days. Then it hit me like lightning late one night. I was all out of hope and all out of fight. Couldn't fight back the tears so I fell on my knees. Saying, "God, if you're there come and rescue me." Felt love pouring down from above. Got washed in the water, washed in the blood.
 And now I'm changed. And now I'm stronger.

There must be something in the water
Oh, there must be something in the water

And now I'm singing along to amazing grace. Can't nobody wipe this smile off my face. Got joy in my heart, angels on my side. Thank God almighty, I saw the light. Gonna look ahead, no turning back. Live every day, give it all that I have. Trust in someone bigger than me. Ever since the day that I believed I am changed. And now I'm stronger.


FIVE.

This next week will be the fifth week of the Women's Bible Study I've been attending on 1 and 2 Thessalonians. I love how each week (and, really, each day in between) I can learn something that is so simple and something I may have known, but it is presented or said in such a different way that it seems just like the most amazing thing I have ever heard. Things that stir up emotions inside me that I didn't know I could feel from just reading "a book".

Just the other night, I was sitting at the kitchen table doing one of the daily studies. This day was centered around 1 Thessalonians 4:13 - "We do not want you to be uniformed, brothers, concerning those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve like the rest who have no hope."

I always knew that I could have hope in Jesus, but it wasn't until I read the statement below in  my study, that I really realized how thankful I am to be able to put my trust in God and to be living my life for him! Without hope, what would be the point?!? There would be no upside. 
It said,

Nothing is like hopelessness. No feeling of loss, as terrible as it may be, can compete with it. 

 That is so true. It just puts everything in perspective. No matter how big the loss or how bad the pain, I can and will overcome it because Jesus has overcome the world! I have hope and a future in Him!!!!!! I pray for all those who feel hopeless... I pray that they can come to know the hope that they can find in Jesus!

Yee Haw! Happy Friday, Everyone!! :)

Linked here

1 comment:

  1. I saw Jeremy Camp live this weekend - absolutely AMAZING! And that song - AMAZING!! Look at me - actually commenting on your blog.

    ReplyDelete