Monday, April 13, 2015

Baby Fred - 22 Weeks!


When I was taking my weekly picture after work, Mattie came to visit me. I had just pushed the remote button to take the picture and she sat in front of me and stared up at me (like she thought I had some food or something). She's such a sweet dog! 

Date:
April 13, 2014

How far along:
22 weeks

How many weeks to go: 
18 Weeks (I downloaded a baby app on my phone this weekend and it says our due date is in 126 days. That still seems SO far away... So I think I'll just stick to counting down the weeks rather than the days! It makes it seem shorter!)

Baby size:
A Papaya

Baby milestones: 
She's looking more and more like a real newborn (haha) especially since her eyes are more developed. She's also sleeping more in cycles - about 12-14 hours a day.

Maternity clothes: 
Yes. I bought a few shirts this weekend. When I got home, I was trying them all on again and I told Trent that some of the maternity clothes was made for older people and I wasn't old enough to be pregnant. He asked me how old you need to be to be pregnant and I told him that the clothes looked like you had to be a mom to be pregnant... which I know doesn't make sense. I guess it won't be long before I don't think twice about wearing "mom clothes".

Stretch marks: 
Nope

Have you started to show yet: 
Yep

Belly button in or out: 
In - but I can tell that it's flattening out

Symptoms: 
I have a little bit of a pregnancy mask going on my face which accompanies the little bit of dry skin with the random zits that show up. I'm not going to complain because it's not really bad, but it's definitely a change. The pain back has been getting a little worse this week, too, especially when I stand back up after being bent over at the waist, so I think it's time to do something about that... For the past few months, I've had blood in my nose and mucus in the mornings and then on Sunday night, I had a real bloody nose that didn't really run, but it was all up in there and the Kleenex was all bloody when I blew my nose last night and this morning. Pretty exciting stuff.

Food cravings: 
Nothing really, but not the "right" things when I do crave something...

Aversions: 
None

Movement:
The movement has gotten a lot more constant this week and it's pretty cool (but kinda crazy too) It's not just always when I'm sitting still either, I can feel it when I am moving around and doing stuff now too. I feel the baby quite a bit when I'm at work and when we're laying around at night. As strange of a feeling as it is, it's very comforting, too. While we were watching TV on Friday night, I laid on my back and stared at my belly for a while hoping to see it move on the outside, and I did see it move once, but just that one time. So that's something else to look forward to when I can see it on the outside and Trent will be able to feel it.

Labor signs: 
None.

Sleep: 
Pretty good, but not enough. I had quite a few late nights at work last week, so I'll be happy when that's all over!

Gender prediction: 
When I feel the baby move, I still think about it being a boy moving around in there... but who knows?!?! This is going to be the greatest surprise ever!

Names: 
Nothing new this week on the name-front. Sometimes, during the day, I find myself just thinking about the names and imagining calling our child that name. It's a fun thing, but I can't wait until the day actually comes!

Best moment of the week: 
Not having to work on Saturday and it being great weather this weekend! Also celebrating my cousin Tricia's baby shower on Sunday.

Looking forward to: 
My friend, Grace, having her baby!! I am sooo excited to find out what she has and see her little one!! I'm sure she'd love it if you'd say a prayer for her to have a safe delivery when that day comes and to have a smooth transition when the baby comes home to join big brother, Trice!! I wrote this last night and then this afternoon, Grace had a little girl, Eliana Mae! So happy for them!! Welcome to the world, Miss Eliana!

Other thoughts:
Here's Tricia and I at her baby shower. The two of us were born 9 days apart and now we are due with our first babies 3 weeks apart! She is having a little boy! It will be fun when we can get our little ones together for the first time!! Hopefully our little ones will have as many good times together as we did growing up!

1 comment:

  1. Aww!! I just cried! Thanks for praying for me, friend! So glad our little one is here safe and sound and now I'm excited for yours to join the world (but not too soon!) :)

    ReplyDelete