How many weeks to go:
17 Weeks
17 Weeks
Baby size:
A Grapefruit
A Grapefruit
Baby milestones:
Her face is fully formed now and she's listening to us talking out here in the world. I guess we'd better start watching what we say. She's also listening to my heartbeat!
Her face is fully formed now and she's listening to us talking out here in the world. I guess we'd better start watching what we say. She's also listening to my heartbeat!
Maternity clothes:
Yes. And I always feel like I don't have any! Need to buy some more!
Yes. And I always feel like I don't have any! Need to buy some more!
Stretch marks:
Negatory
Negatory
Have you started to show yet:
Yes, but I don't feel that "big" anymore... maybe I'm just getting used to where I'm at, so it doesn't seem very big.
Belly button in or out:
Still in, but getting shallower. Trent says it's going to be like my third nipple.
Yes, but I don't feel that "big" anymore... maybe I'm just getting used to where I'm at, so it doesn't seem very big.
Belly button in or out:
Still in, but getting shallower. Trent says it's going to be like my third nipple.
Symptoms:
I didn't have much in the way of bloody noses this week - maybe because it's been wet out...? I'm really feeling pretty good these days!
I didn't have much in the way of bloody noses this week - maybe because it's been wet out...? I'm really feeling pretty good these days!
Food cravings:
No real cravings, but I did have an Oven Roasted Chicken Breast from Subway three days in a row last week and had eggs and toast three nights.
No real cravings, but I did have an Oven Roasted Chicken Breast from Subway three days in a row last week and had eggs and toast three nights.
Aversions:
None
None
Movement:
I can feel her moving quite a bit! There have been a few times that she's kicked so hard, I've actually gasped or stopped what I was doing. It's still kind of strange to feel it, but it's pretty darn cool. When I watch my belly, I still haven't been able to see it on the outside much, though. Still waiting to have Trent try to feel it!
I can feel her moving quite a bit! There have been a few times that she's kicked so hard, I've actually gasped or stopped what I was doing. It's still kind of strange to feel it, but it's pretty darn cool. When I watch my belly, I still haven't been able to see it on the outside much, though. Still waiting to have Trent try to feel it!
Sleep:
Sleeping quite well! It was nice to sleep with it raining this past weekend :) I think that's one of my favorite things!
Sleeping quite well! It was nice to sleep with it raining this past weekend :) I think that's one of my favorite things!
Gender prediction:
Still have about one and a half feet in camp boy.
Names:
Same story here. I think the whole naming the baby is one of the most exciting parts of this whole thing. I can't wait until we actually get to do it for real instead of just talking about it!
Best moment of the week:
Spending the whole rainy weekend binge watching Orange is the New Black and immersed in baby things on the internet. We went and registered at Target on Saturday afternoon and then I spent the rest of the evening finishing our Target registry online and then registering on Amazon.com as well. I may have gone a little crazy, but maybe not...
Nursery Things:
On Sunday, I spent the day coming up with a plan for the baby's closet. It is pretty much exactly like one from a blog that I read. I measured it all and then drew it out to scale on some graph paper. I'm not 100% sure if it's what we're going to end up doing in the closet, so we're going to wait until we make a trip to Ikea and see all our options before we decide! Regardless, it was so fun.
Looking forward to:
Our Earnings Release at work and filing our 10Q on Thursday which means my life going back to normal and not being so crazy busy and having to work late all the time! It also means that I am going to be able to focus more on my new job at work, which is exciting (even though I won't really stop doing my old job until late July). Friday is also my last official day at my desk on the 18th floor, which has been my home for the past 5 years - it's all I've ever known! I also won't sit by Stephanie anymore, who I've sat by and seen pretty much five days a week for he past four years... We've gone through our weddings together, buying houses, the birth of her son, and now, we are both pregnant and due with babies in August. It's going to be so strange not seeing her every day! On Monday, I make the move to the 16th floor and she moves down to the 12th floor in her new job! I'm sure going to miss everyone in my old group and my old boss and all that stuff! (I just kind of rambled on there so it's not all really stuff I'm "looking forward to" but whatever)
Other thoughts:
In addition to registering this weekend and designing the closet, we also signed up for our birth class. We start the first week in June and it lasts for 9 weeks. We ended up deciding to take a natural birth class through the hospital. After looking at several different programs and options, this was one of the only ones that was on a good night of the week and started and ended when would fit into different traveling and things we already had planned. I have high hopes for it, as I think it will be a good balance between what we want out of our birth experience but also getting to know how things work at the hospital as well.
We also have our next appointment on Friday afternoon. It should be pretty uneventful, but it just means another month has passed and we're closer to meeting our baby!

Looking gorgeous, friend!! I'm SO excited for you! Can't wait to meet this sweet baby! You'll have to tell me all about your birth class. I'm certain it will be great. :)
ReplyDelete