Monday, April 27, 2015

Baby Fred - 24 Weeks!


Date:
April 27, 2015

How far along:
24 weeks

How many weeks to go: 
16 Weeks

Baby size:
A Cantelope

Baby milestones: 
She's about a foot long now. Her skin is becoming more opaque and her lungs are developing more as well.

Maternity clothes: 
You betcha. I didn't realize how fast I would get sick of the maternity clothes I buy. I feel like I never have enough!

Stretch marks: 
Nope

Belly button in or out: 
Still sticking in there!

Symptoms: 
My blood-filled left nostril was back earlier this week, but it comes and goes. I am also having acid reflux from time to time (it actually started last week, but I forgot to mention it). From what I read online, I'm supposed to cut back on citrus fruit, chocolate, spicy food and fried food to help keep the acid reflux at bay... That's like four of my favorite food categories right now... figures! Other than those occasional things, there are some times that I forget that I'm pregnant (until I see my belly, that is)

Food cravings: 
Spicy food, I think. I'm not quite sure if it's a craving really, though... Other than that, nothing really.

Aversions: 
None

Movement:
Still moving quite a bit, but I'd be even happier if it was more consistent.

Labor signs: None.

Mood: Good.

Sleep: I have been sleeping pretty good still. I haven't even really needed to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, which is nice. My back hasn't felt the greatest the past couple nights when I woke up, though.

Miss anything: Not really. If anything, I miss just not having to think about what I am eating (and not eating).

Gender prediction: I'm not sure! When I think about decorating the nursery, I think it's a girl, but then when I think about the actual baby, it's a boy... so how about that one!??!

Names: Nothing new here...

Best moment of the week: Having our appointment on Friday afternoon and then having the rest of the afternoon off. I spent it at Target :) The rest of the weekend was very pleasant as well. My mom came on Saturday afternoon and we went to eat at Petrow's and then went to Lauritzen Gardens and then hung out at home and watched a movie before she had to go home. It was a very nice Sunday as well!

Nursery Things: Nothing new this week other than just working on our plan for the closet and starting to think about things that we're going to hang on the walls. We're going shopping this week at Nebraska Furniture Mart during their Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder sale to order our chair and dresser!! Yay! :)

Looking forward to: Ordering our chair and dresser! Going to Lincoln on Saturday with Lauren for Mallory and Bob's Diaper Party. I'm excited to see and hang out with my friends for a while this weekend!

Other things: We had our 24 week appointment last Friday afternoon. The baby's heartbeat was 153 and the doctor said that from where she was hearing the heartbeat, she thought the baby's head was down now (the baby was breach at our 20 week ultrasound). I got my "orange drink" for my glucose test next appointment. After our next appointment in 4 weeks, we start having our appointments every two weeks! Eeee!

I am in a Facebook group of about 65 other women who also have babies that are due in August. It's pretty interesting to be able to share this with that many other women who are in all different stages in their lives and having their first, third, or SEVENTH baby and who are from all over the country. The first one of the members had her baby on Friday evening. A little girl named Hadley Ann. She weighed in at just 1lb 7oz. Last I heard today, things were going very good and they may be taking her off the ventilator that's down her throat and being replaced with one that goes over her nose. Obviously anything can happen anytime, so if you'd like to say a prayer for that little baby, it could only help!

No comments:

Post a Comment