Friday, July 10, 2015

Baby Fred - 34 Weeks!


Date:
July 6, 2015

How far along:
34 Weeks!!

How many weeks to go: 
6 Weeks! Ahh!

Baby size:
Cantaloupe
(I'm not even going to put a weight here anymore because whatever is "average" and what our baby probably is, are most likely not the same thing!)
About 18 -18.7 inches

Baby milestones: 
Her layers of fat are developing so she can regulate her body temperature when she's born and her lungs are continuing to mature so she can breathe like a champ once she's born!

Maternity clothes: 
Yes - I'm constantly making my shirts are still covering the bottom of my belly... putting on clothes is probably the worst part of being pregnant right now :)

Stretch marks: 
Not that I've seen

Belly button in or out: 
I'm going to say officially out.

Symptoms: 
Same things going on... Braxton Hicks contractions occasionally (even though they don't quite feel like what I thought they would) and I have to pee quite a lot. My feet are pretty big these days and it's just an effort to move as well... But I'm not complaining :)

Movement:
I can feel the baby pretty consistently these days and when I can see or feel body parts sticking out, I always try to guess what body part it is... Who knows if my guess is right, though!
While Trent's family was here this weekend, they all got to see the baby move from the outside while I was sitting at the table. I had a shirt on with polka dots on it, so that made it easy to see when the baby was moving. Taylor and Jenna also got to feel my belly when the baby had hiccups for the first time (that I noticed). When I started feeling very consistent movements, I realized that they were probably hiccups and Taylor and Jenna came and put their hands on my belly and could feel it. Taylor's face was great when she felt it, I think she thought it was cool but it also may have been kind of strange. Jenna kept asking why the baby was kicking in there, so I'm not quite sure what she thought about the whole thing. It was pretty neat, though!

Labor signs: Nothing "real" I don't think...

Sleep: 
Not bad. I had trouble getting to sleep on Sunday again because of my whole heart beating like crazy thing, but once I get to sleep it's usually all good.

Miss anything: 
Having clothes to wear that is comfortable and not hurting/look like I'm in major pain any time I get up to walk.

Gender prediction: 
I don't know at all these days... I think that I still think it's a boy, but I'm not as strong in that thought as I once was.

Names: 
I think we have picked names!! Still have several options on middle names, and I'm sure we could still change our minds, but it's pretty fun to think that we could have a child named one of the names we picked out!

Best moment of the week: 
Trent getting back from his work trip to Florida on Wednesday! It's just so much better/easier to have him home!!
We also had a great weekend celebrating birthdays and the 4th of July with Trent's family this weekend. We didn't go anywhere, but still had a busy and fun weekend at our house. We grilled out for lunch and supper, put together a puzzle, opened gifts, and lit off some fireworks and sparklers and other fun things. And, of course, we had an abundance of birthday desserts to eat as well, one for each birthday person! 
The birthday people!
Watching fireworks!
I also spent a LOOONG time on Sunday afternoon/evening figuring out what we all needed to buy from our registry so we could officially be ready for the baby... We have gift cards and coupons to several places, so I was trying to figure out what to buy from which place in order to get the biggest discounts and things like that. It was a lot more work than I had anticipated! I got stuff ordered from Amazon and Buy Buy Baby and made one purchase from Target, but I had a little trouble with purchasing the rest of the things on Target.com, so I still need to get that worked out. Everything should start arriving this week, though, so it is going to be like Christmas each day when I get home from work to see what's arrived!! :)

Nursery Things:
I really need to get a move on in the nursery! EEE! Trent's dad, being the super helpful and giving guy that he is, helped me to hang a shelf in the nursery this weekend while he was at our house. I know I never would have gotten that hung myself, so I'm super thankful to have his help! Now I just need to get all the frames hung and figure out what's going in them!!

Looking forward to: 
Our birth class on Wednesday. We get to take our tour of the hospital that night, and I'm pretty excited about that! I am curious as to how it's going to make me feel - either really excited or possibly terrified... or both! haha
We also have our first appointment with our new doctor on Thursday. This is the doctor that will be delivering our baby. I hope everything goes well with her!!

Other things: 
This weekend, while the girls were over, they hung out in the nursery for a while when Trent's dad was hanging up the shelf. They both sat in the chair in the room and had stuffed animals that they thought would be the size of the baby and were practicing rocking them while singing "Rock-A-Bye Baby." It was pretty adorable. They both said they would hold the baby if I said it was okay :)
They also were very thoughtful with the Beanie Babies and picked out ones that they thought could be the baby's favorite toys. Taylor picked out one for if it's a girl and one for if it's a boy. Our baby is going to have very loving cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment