Baby size:
Pumpkin
Approximately 18.9-20.9 inches
Pumpkin
Approximately 18.9-20.9 inches
Baby milestones:
She may have an inch or so of hair (I'm hoping our baby has hair!), she has been working on her grip (can't wait for little baby finger holding!) and her organs are most likely fully developed and ready for life outside the womb.
She may have an inch or so of hair (I'm hoping our baby has hair!), she has been working on her grip (can't wait for little baby finger holding!) and her organs are most likely fully developed and ready for life outside the womb.
Maternity clothes:
Same ol' thing here... of course I'm wearing maternity clothes
Same ol' thing here... of course I'm wearing maternity clothes
Stretch marks:
You betcha... I don't see how they could have been avoided with how big my belly is! (especially the part below my belly button now that baby has dropped down there)
You betcha... I don't see how they could have been avoided with how big my belly is! (especially the part below my belly button now that baby has dropped down there)
Have you started to show yet:
Uh... ya. Why do I keep asking myself this question?!?
Uh... ya. Why do I keep asking myself this question?!?
Belly button in or out:
Out
Out
Symptoms:
I don't feel like I've had as many Braxton Hicks this past week (but what do I know). The only time I've noticed them is if I've been up and moving around too much or if I have to pee... My fingers are still hurting at night and then some days as well when I straighten them out. My back hurts some when I get up and walk and when I wake up in the morning (and in the middle of the night) it takes a little while for me to be able to walk straight.
I hate to talk about things that are negative about this pregnancy, but I'm just being honest... I know it's all going to be worth it in the end. I guess if there's a next time that I'm pregnant, I will try to do things a little different to see if that helps... who knows, though.
This is pretty much what I think (and I wouldn't even classify how I feel as "feeling like crap":
Movement:
She goes pretty crazy at times and my belly really moves a lot. I think that sometimes it probably is noticeable to people sitting around me in meetings at work and stuff. There are times where it has started to hurt when she moves, it even surprises me sometimes and I think I make funny faces because of it, She also gets her feet up in my ribs at times as well! I still don't think I'm used to feeling her move in there!
I don't feel like I've had as many Braxton Hicks this past week (but what do I know). The only time I've noticed them is if I've been up and moving around too much or if I have to pee... My fingers are still hurting at night and then some days as well when I straighten them out. My back hurts some when I get up and walk and when I wake up in the morning (and in the middle of the night) it takes a little while for me to be able to walk straight.
I hate to talk about things that are negative about this pregnancy, but I'm just being honest... I know it's all going to be worth it in the end. I guess if there's a next time that I'm pregnant, I will try to do things a little different to see if that helps... who knows, though.
This is pretty much what I think (and I wouldn't even classify how I feel as "feeling like crap":
She goes pretty crazy at times and my belly really moves a lot. I think that sometimes it probably is noticeable to people sitting around me in meetings at work and stuff. There are times where it has started to hurt when she moves, it even surprises me sometimes and I think I make funny faces because of it, She also gets her feet up in my ribs at times as well! I still don't think I'm used to feeling her move in there!
Labor signs:
I don't feel like there have been any unfortunately.
I don't feel like there have been any unfortunately.
Mood:
Good for the most part. I let myself get discouraged at times that the baby isn't here yet, but then I remember that I really am only 38 weeks along and it's not time yet, so I just need to cool my jets!
Good for the most part. I let myself get discouraged at times that the baby isn't here yet, but then I remember that I really am only 38 weeks along and it's not time yet, so I just need to cool my jets!
Sleep:
I, thankfully, got to sleep a lot this weekend, which was nice. It made going to sleep on Sunday night not so easy, though... so when that happens, I just go hang out with the dogs in the living room and read and bounce on the birth ball for a while... I have a little bit of trouble with some restless leg syndrome at times and I have the weird breathing issues keeps me from sleeping as well, but it hasn't been too bad. By the end of the week, I usually can sleep pretty well cuz I'm so tired except for the whole getting up at least 3 times to pee.
Dreams:
Nothing baby related that I remember, but I had one on Friday night where I was doing something with recording equipment and then when we were done doing whatever it was we were doing in the dream, Kellsey wanted to sing "A Whole New World" from Aladdin with me. I woke up before I found out if I was going to sing the girl or the boy part - I'm sure she was going to make me sing the boy part, though!
Gender prediction:
I think it just HAS to be a boy... I seriously will be surprised if it's a girl!
I think it just HAS to be a boy... I seriously will be surprised if it's a girl!
Names:
We still haven't talked about it for a while, but I think we have it pretty narrowed down to one boy name and two possible girl names.
We still haven't talked about it for a while, but I think we have it pretty narrowed down to one boy name and two possible girl names.
Best moment of the week:
Nothing too exciting happened this week. We're just patiently waiting :)
Nothing too exciting happened this week. We're just patiently waiting :)
My mom came on Friday night for a while and we went out to eat at Tanner's (I've wanted some chicken strips and cheese balls ever since I saw in the Westside Socials that my mom, brother and Kenzie went to Bloomer's in Carroll for Kenzie's bday a few weeks ago) before going to Hallmark and getting a baby book (which I think is the last thing on my list to get!!) and doing some other little shopping.
She also brought a few things that my aunt had made and/or printed for the nursery, so we got those hung up!
She also brought a few things that my aunt had made and/or printed for the nursery, so we got those hung up!
Saturday we had a nice unplanned visit from Mel and Russ and the girls! They had been out hiking in the morning in the Loess hills and so they stopped by. It was fun to hear about their trip and see them one last time before baby comes! I love talking with Taylor and Jenna about the baby and about whether it's going to be a boy or a girl and what they think we should name the baby! Jenna sat on my lap for a while (after I assured her there was room and I wouldn't let her squish the baby) and she would put her hand on my belly and told me she could feel the baby kicking. Jenna also told me that she liked my belly and it had grown since the last time she saw me (which it very much has!) Makes me smile! I can't wait for them to meet their new cousin!!
It was also nice to relax most of the rest of the weekend (even though I'm about over staying home every weekend since this is our third one in a row... it's so unlike us but I'm sure Trent is loving it!). We slept in late both days and just hung out around home. It got pretty old by the end of Sunday, but it was still nice. We, unfortulately, had to miss the Bell Reunion this year due to my pregnant state... the whole traveling when the baby really could come at any time and the fact that it was SO.HOT and the reality that I probably would have gotten pretty worn out made up our decision to stay home. I think this is maaayy be the 3rd Bell Reunion I've missed in all my 28 years (and that might be a high number) so it was sad to think about not being there. But NEXT YEAR we'll be there with our little one! :) Who knows, it may even be her birthday when we're there!
Nursery Things:
No big changes. We just got two more things put into frames in the room and continue to wait! :)
My Aunt Doreen made the print above from 1 Samuel and then I got the heartbeat print made from a seller on Etsy of the baby's heartbeat from our 36 week appointment. After the baby is born, we'll get it reprinted in a color depending on whether it's a boy or a girl.
Looking forward to:
Having a baby!! Someday soon...
It was also nice to relax most of the rest of the weekend (even though I'm about over staying home every weekend since this is our third one in a row... it's so unlike us but I'm sure Trent is loving it!). We slept in late both days and just hung out around home. It got pretty old by the end of Sunday, but it was still nice. We, unfortulately, had to miss the Bell Reunion this year due to my pregnant state... the whole traveling when the baby really could come at any time and the fact that it was SO.HOT and the reality that I probably would have gotten pretty worn out made up our decision to stay home. I think this is maaayy be the 3rd Bell Reunion I've missed in all my 28 years (and that might be a high number) so it was sad to think about not being there. But NEXT YEAR we'll be there with our little one! :) Who knows, it may even be her birthday when we're there!
Nursery Things:
No big changes. We just got two more things put into frames in the room and continue to wait! :)
My Aunt Doreen made the print above from 1 Samuel and then I got the heartbeat print made from a seller on Etsy of the baby's heartbeat from our 36 week appointment. After the baby is born, we'll get it reprinted in a color depending on whether it's a boy or a girl.
Looking forward to:
Having a baby!! Someday soon...





No comments:
Post a Comment