Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Baby Fred - 39 Weeks!


Look at that belly!! That shirt sure is getting a work out!
Date:
August 10, 2015

How far along:
39 Weeks!!

How many weeks to go: 
SEVEN DAYS!!! (ish)

Baby size:
Watermelon (they said "mini-watermelon" in the weekly email... but I think we've got a full grown one!!)
Approximately 20+ inches

Baby milestones: 
She is continuing to build a layer of fat to help control her body temp after birth.

Maternity clothes: 
YES

Stretch marks: 
Yep. It looks like my belly is going to burst open right above my belly button now, too. Trent assured me last night that that isn't going to happen (but he did say it'd be pretty gross if it did), so I hope he's right :)

Have you started to show yet: 
Affirmative

Belly button in or out: 
Out

Symptoms: 
The biggest symptom I have of being pregnant is a giant belly! That has caused some back pain in the last few weeks. The cramping and tightening that I feel in my belly has really picked up in the past few days, and I am soooo hoping that it's a positive sign of things to come! I'm still having finger pain at night and my feet got pretty swollen again at the end of last week, but they deflated over the weekend since I was able to stay off them for longer periods of time.

Movement:
Still moving around in there and trying to show off her legs and arms by sticking them out of my belly!

Labor signs: 
I couldn't tell you what's a real labor sign or not, but in the past 24 hours, the cramps and tightening have been more of a pain than just a pressure... so maybe that's something?

Mood: 
Just fabulous!

Sleep: 
I still get up at least 3 times a night to go to the bathroom and flip over to my other side. I'm pretty stiff and sore when I get out of bed, but I just need to walk it off usually.

Dreams: 
I had a dream on Saturday night that I don't remember much of but I told Trent that I thought our baby was in it and wearing a Nebraska shirt. He assured me that our baby would never wear a Husker's shirt in real life, though :)

Miss anything: 
The space between my crotch (sorry if that's a bad word!) and my stomach where my pants used to sit comfortably!
Being able to get up off the couch without having to scoot forward a few times and really push myself up with my arms! And I miss being able to just throw on a t-shirt to wear around the house... my belly hangs out of all of mine and Trent's t-shirts.

Gender prediction: 
Boy

Names: 
We have our girl and boy name and we have two middle name options for each one right now as well.

Have you told family and friends: 
Yep - Everyone knows!

Best moment of the week: 
Nothing too exciting happened this week (other than I had a flat tire last Tuesday, so I got to be that helpless pregnant lady standing by her car in the parking garage waiting for her husband and a tire-fixer-guy to come to her rescue while everyone in the area came by to ask if I needed help... good times) -  it was another week just waiting to have a baby!! We had another nice weekend at home together. We really are trying to enjoy our time together and I really am trying to relax before this baby decides to make his or her entrance into the world. Friday night we made a trip to the grocery store together and then Saturday night we watched two movies (A Million Ways to Die in the West and Top Gun) and had popcorn with M&Ms. We slept in both Saturday and Sunday and got a few little things done around the house. Even though part of me would love to be out and about doing something with our free time, it's been nice to just be able to hang out and rest as well!
Who knows, maybe that was our last weekend without a child for the rest.of.our.lives!!!

Nursery Things:
Nothing happened in the nursery this week. It's as done as it can be!
Mattie has enjoyed hanging out in the chair in the nursery as she's waiting for a new sibling as well!

Looking forward to: 
Having a baby!!
Hoping this is my last Monday at work for a while! We shall see!

Other things: 
At our appointment last Friday, baby's heartbeat was between 144 and 147. 

No comments:

Post a Comment