Well, Monday's the day when I get to go take another exam for the CPA. This one is the Regulation (REG)test. It is a 3 hour test (one of the shorter ones) that covers ethics and professional responsibility, business law, Federal tax procedures and accounting issues, and Federal taxation of property transactions, individuals and entities. Sounds like fun, right?!
Like always, I am nervous about it, but more than anything, I'm looking forward to that feeling I'll have when I am done with the test on Monday. It's just such a relief... Of course, I then have to go through the agony of waiting to get my score and thinking about not passing AGAIN, but I'll worry about that later. Besides, I HAVE to pass. I am sooo sick and tired of this! Yes, I want to do this and I will be happy when I can say that I am all done, but I can't wait to get my life back and be able to enjoy living in our house and doing random little projects and just relaxing in the evenings (and pushing snooze a million times on my alarm) without feeling bad about it.
I am a little sad that my test is Monday and the Olympics are over on Sunday... Not to say that I haven't gotten to watch any (because I've watched quite a bit of good stuff) but pretty much all of the Olympics I've watched has been done with the computer on my lap while studying or with the TV on mute while I try to study and unmuting when a good part comes on. But like my Grandma Kock said to me last week, "There will be another Olympics." And unless something super crazy happens in the world before then, she's absolutely right! Just last night, I was thinking how it'll be in 4 years when I get to just watch the games rather than have to worry about studying... BUT then I got to thinking about how far off 4 years is and who knows what will be going on in our lives then and what will have changed... I'm sure we'll have something going on that we'll have to devote our attention to that will take precedence over watching TV - so I can't really say with certainty that I'd just be able to watch all the events that I wanted to but I can say I'm pretty certain that I won't be studying for any darn tests at that point! (It was at that moment in my train of thought that my mind wandered to the thought that maybe we'd have a baby by that time... what a crazy thought... it kind of makes me nervous just thinking about it... Wowsers!) But anyways... a little side tangent there!!
I have already passed two tests, and counting this one, I have two more. After this one, I will need to restudy for BEC (Business Environment and Concepts) and retake it. As of right now, I'm thinking I'll take it in November, but we'll see how this one goes and go from there. If I could get it done sooner, that'd be wonderful! If I take the test in November, it will have been one year from when I took my first test. I keep telling myself that's not so bad, but I hate to think that, with my original plan, if I would have passed them all the first time, I would have been done in May. BLAH! But whatever... when it's all done, that won't even matter! Right?!
We have a busy weekend planned (Trent's parents are coming to help us paint! Yay for getting house to-dos checked off the list!), so that makes me a little nervous about getting a lot of studying in, but it will be nice to give my mind a little bit of a break, too. I'm taking Friday off work, so I can spend all day just studying and cramming all that wonderful accounting and tax information into my head!! I can only do what I can and then hope that's enough to pass!
Well, wish me luck and think good thoughts on Monday morning - it'd be greatly appreciated! And hopefully I'll have good news that another test is behind me in a few weeks!!

Yay babies! Wasn't that the main point of this post?! Oh, and good luck on that test. ;)
ReplyDelete