Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Weekend: Helping Jared Move

This past weekend, I spent most of Saturday in Ankeny helping my brother get his stuff moved into his new apartment. Jared and my mom left from home bright and early Saturday morning and I made my way from Omaha to Ankeny at about the same time to meeet them.

Trent was busy at work all day, so Mattie got to ride along with me and spend the morning and early afternoon hanging out at Trent's parents' house. I think that the whole trip kind of confused her a little - I'm sure she was wondering where I was taking her, but we made it safely back home and she made a great traveling companion, so it all worked out.

My little travel companion watching
the oncoming traffic for me!
Jared's apartment complex is fairly new and it is really nice. He's living in a 3 bedroom apartment with 3 other people. They've got a nice big kitchen open up to the living room with a fireplace and a balcony. I hope it all works out well for them all, as it looks like a very nice set up.
Their kitchen with laundry to the left.
Living room with balcony door to the left.
We got everything into his room and all set up and he has room to spare, so he has room to collect some stuff over time! After we got everything moved in, Jared, my mom, Jared's friend, Dalton, and I went and had some lunch and then went to Target and Home Depot to pick up a few things that he needed. He found a shelf to put his tv on at Home Depot which worked out perfect to house his speakers and XBox and things of that nature. At Target we picked up a few things including some hangers so he could hang up all his clothes and fill his fairly large closet. When we got back from shopping I hung up all his clothes and organized them by color. That made me happy, so I left feeling pretty good. I think Jared appreciated my efforts too! =)
Can you believe a college-aged boy
has a closet this big!?!
My handy work. (I think he needs some more clothes...)
Putting his shelves together.
The shelves all set up.
All done for the day.
Jared and his friend and roommate
My mom and Jared before my mom
took off to head back home.
When we got everything unpacked and put away, went to pick up Mattie and head back home and leave Jared and his friends alone to do whatever it is that college boys do... (And I didn't think that I wanted to stick around for that!) Jared starts class on Thursday to work towards his degree in building trades. I wish him all the best and know that he can do anything he wants to if he sets his mind to it and commits. I can't wait to see what the future holds for him. =)
Mattie taking a little nap in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment