Tuesday, August 14, 2012

P90X - Day 1

Today I did my first day of P90X. I have been wanting to do some exercise program for quite a while, something like Kosama, Farrell's, Insanity, etc... I just didn't think I had the time to commit to it with studying and all that, so I didn't want to spend the money on it. So a while ago my sister and brother-in-law were kind enough to lend me their P90X videos for me to use. They have just been sitting there for a while until I 'got the time' and since I just took my test yesterday and have a little break until I am going to start up with studying again, I figured this was a great time. (I also have my BFFs Bachelorette party in Okoboji in 2 weeks, so I thought I should do some physical activity between now and then so I'm not the girl that got married and then got fat!)

I need to and want to be committed to this so I can see what happens and what I am capable of. I want to be healthy and I want to look good, so I really hope I don't lose any enthusiasm for this... I just need to not let life get in the way and do it!! Trent said he would make encourage me do it every day, so I guess he's my guy to hold me accountable. I told him he just can't be mean about it! =)

Tonight I did the Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X videos. I don't have a resistance band or a pull up bar, so I had to fake those by using my light weights. I think that's okay, though, because I am of the mindset that if I keep doing something it will still make a difference.

I have a little trouble doing push ups because 1) I am a wimp and can't even do very many girl push ups and 2) I have had a problem with my right wrist for a very long time and it gets easily irritated with doing push ups. Trent gave me his 'push up things' (I don't know what they're called - not push up bars, but something) to use after tonight, so hopefully that will help me out next time and help me keep going without further irritation. I also didn't write down how many reps I did of everything tonight, but I will do that in the future. I know I should have done it so I can keep track of my progress accurately... But what can ya do, I guess?!?!

Trent has done a few of the work outs before, including Ab Ripper X, so he warned me that it was a doozy. And he was right... During about the 3rd set I got some nasty cramps in the outsides of my legs, so that was an interesting one, but I just like the way I feel now that I have actually done it. I did it to the best of my abilities at this point, and that's all I can do right now! Hopefully it just keeps getting better throughout the next 90 days and hopefully I can see some results... 

It honestly has been a LONG time since I have done any real physical activity. I obviously was pretty active all through my childhood and high school with sports and then dance in college. After I moved to Omaha I still worked out and ran for the first year or so, but since about a month or two before Trent and I's wedding, I have done diddly squat... It really does feel good to actually do something again and use my muscles for once...I was really beginning to tell that I was becoming a lazy pile and didn't like how it was starting to affect the way I look... I also want to be sure that I am doing what I can to be healthy for my current and future family. (And I want to have a semi-good looking body before I go and ruin it by (God willing) growing a human inside of me sometime (years) down the road.)  I'm sure my heart and cholesterol levels are pretty happy about this change as well. I'm sure it'd prolly help if I toned it down a little with the fried foods, the Dr. Pepper and the ice cream too, then... But we'll see about that one... Baby steps!! =)

Wish me luck and feel free to ask me about it when you see me to keep me accountable, too!!

2 comments:

  1. Your awesome for even starting it I heard it is pretty intense!! Good luck :)

    xo
    Steph at http://mycreativebrightside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete