Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Bell Reunion 2012

The first Sunday in August has once again come and gone. It has always been and still is one of my favorite weekends of the summer because of the Bell Reunion, our big family reunion.
The Aylward portion of the Bell family
I left to go 'home home' on Saturday around noon (I had to leave Trent and Mattie at home again because Trent was busy with training at work with the start of the school year coming up). I went straight to my Grandma's and joined my Great Aunt Mimi and cousin Cooper there, as all the guys were over at the shooting range at the annual Bell Shoot. Grandma and Mimi were making some food for the next day. I joined in and made some Oreo Salad and Scotcheroos for the next day as well. When I was done, Cooper got to lick the bowl even! Then, Grandma and Aunt Mimi rested and Cooper and I went to the basement and watched a few Disney Channel shows before my mom and sister showed up.
Cooper cleaning the chocolate out of my bowl
When supper time rolled around, we headed over to Great Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Ted's house where we joined some more family members for supper. Later in the evening, the ladies chatted upstairs while the men played cards downstairs. (Late into the night, of course) Nothing out of the ordinary there!

On Sunday, we all gathered once more (with quite a few more extended family members) in Vail at the Reunion. We all ate plenty of food and caught up with one another throughout the afternoon. There was the usual bean bag and horseshoe tournaments as well.
Cousins Danielle, Jocelyn and Tricia with Uncle Dan
My partner and I lost in our second game, so I just hung out with all the other "losers" and watched the rest of the bags tournament. It was a battle, but, in the end, Bill and Tom won (they just happened to be the tow that beat my team, so I guess I don't feel so bad for losing to the champions!)
Kellsey playing bags - Jared and Uncle Dan playing horseshoes
Bill and Tom - the bags winners
By the time the champions were named, people had started to head back home. We sat around and chatted for a while longer while the guys played another game of cards and then it was time for me to take off for home as well.
My family! (Those in attendance anyways!)
I absolutely love being able to get together with family. The Bell Reunion brings back awesome memories from all the Bell Reunions past! It is always so much fun and we always have a great time. Now I'm just looking forward to Thanksgiving when we get to all get together again!

*Some other pictures from the day*
Jocelyn and I
Kellsey, me and Joce
Cousins!
My mom and I
Cousin Angie and I

No comments:

Post a Comment