Today, I am extra thankful for my mom. Today is her birthday!!
My mom is an extremely amazing person. She is always busy, but no matter what she has going on, she won't ever hesitate to make time to help others out when they are in need. She very rarely takes a day just for herself, even though she deserves it more than anyone that I know!
My dad used to always tell us kids that we were going to grow up to be just like our mom. We used to always shriek and say "Ohh nooo!!" when he said that, but, in all honesty, I would be lucky to grow up to be like her! On several occasions, Trent has told me that I do things that my mom does, so I guess I'm well on my way. =)
![]() |
| With "Pat Sajak" |
I am thankful that my mom will do anything for her kids, even if it is super inconvenient for her and is something that we probably should do ourselves! My parents have always been our biggest supporters, driving all over the midwest to come to all of our events, no matter how big or small. We have all been VERY spoiled as we were growing up. All the "things" we had, all the dance lessons we got to go to, all the sports equipment and summer teams we played on, all the college education we received, and everything that she still gives us to this day are all things that I am so grateful for. I will never be able to repay them for those opportunities!
I love all the little things that my mom does that are "so her". It makes me laugh when I talk to her either on the phone or on the computer and we can say good bye and have every intent to end the conversation and then we'll proceed to have a whole additional conversation about something else before actually saying goodbye for real. And I love that my mom is such a good hostess. She always hasway too much enough food for everyone there and there's just nothing like going home for a family get-together for a birthday party or some other event.
I love all the little things that my mom does that are "so her". It makes me laugh when I talk to her either on the phone or on the computer and we can say good bye and have every intent to end the conversation and then we'll proceed to have a whole additional conversation about something else before actually saying goodbye for real. And I love that my mom is such a good hostess. She always has
I am always thankful for my mom's advice and her "expert" opinion on things that I'm just not sure about. I appreciate her and everything that she's done for me. She truly is the rock of our family and even when she has every right to just fall apart, she is still the one that is keeping us and everything else in her life all together. I am thankful that she has raised me in the church and demonstrates her commitment to our church family and to God every day. I am blessed to have such an amazing role model in my life.
Happy Birthday, Mommy.
I love you and hope I can be there for you like you've always been there for me!



No comments:
Post a Comment