Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankful - Day 3: My Job

A special appearance by my mom!
I am so very thankful for my job. I have been at my job for a little over 2 years now and I constantly am thankful for how blessed I am to be in my position. I am lucky enough to have joined Union Pacific in the greatest time in the company's 150 year history and be a part of all of the wonderful and exciting things that have been going on to celebrate UP's amazing past and bight future.

Although the occasional long hours are no fun sometimes, I am thankful that I am then given some flexibility to spend time with my family when it truly matters most.

I am blessed to have amazing coworkers and great bosses and to work in an environment where I am able to learn something new every day. I love the responsibilities that I am given in my position and to honestly feel like I am a vital piece of our organization. I am thankful that I was placed into the Financial Reporting team when I started 2 years ago and to have a job that is visible to the public (even though they don't know that I'm one of the people putting those reports together) and to truly feel like I matter. It's been a wonderful two years so far and I know I have a lot more to learn, but I look forward to becoming the best "train counter" I can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment