I know I have missed a few days, but between working and studying and all the other random things I get distracted with during the day as well as always attempting to go to sleep early, the days just go by so quickly! So I'm just going to do a little catching up here throughout the rest of the month!
For my 5th Day I am thankful for music. I love what music and songs add to every situation. It intensifies situations in movies and makes the exciting moments more exciting and the sad or romantic moments even more dramatic. I'm also very thankful for the part music played in my younger days when I was in band and choir. I sure learned a lot through my years spent playing the clarinet and piano and singing and all that stuff with Mr. Meyer. =) I love what music adds to church services and picture slide shows and I'm very thankful to have music to make a car ride less dull.
Lately, I have especially enjoyed it when I hear a song and part of it can sum up exactly how I'm feeling. I love that I can turn up the songs very loud in my car and just sing as loud as I want. For some reason, singing these words makes me feel better. Especially the chorus of Over You by Miranda Lambert below, when she sings "I miss you", a lot of times I just sing and cry, cuz that's exactly how I feel! But then, I know, that even though I miss my dad every day, that I will see him again one day. This world is temporary and he is in a much better place! For the time being, though, I, along with my family, will all learn to deal with the empty place in our hearts and we will be okay as long as we lean on God to comfort us and heal our hearts.
I have picked out these three songs that have really spoken to me as of lately to share. These songs bring me comfort and hope in the sadness and heartache I feel - and for that, I'm thankful!
I will see you again.
This is not where it ends.
I will carry you with me.
'Til I see you again.
But you went away.
How dare you?
I miss you
They say I'll be okay
But I'm not going to ever get over you.
Even when it hurts
Even when its hard
Even when it all just falls apart
I will run to You
Cuz I know that You are
Lover of my soul
Healer of my scars
Steady my Heart

No comments:
Post a Comment