Thursday, May 23, 2013

Done, Done, AND DONE!!! Almost a CPA!

Yesterday was the day that I found out that I am DONE taking the CPA exams! After 17 long months of studying and 15 months of taking tests, I am finally done!! 

Waiting for this score was extra nerve wracking and horrifying because if I didn't pass my test this time, I would have lost the first test that I passed back in November 2011 because you have to pass all 4 tests within an 18 month period. 

I took my this last test back on April 29, but just because of the timing of the score releases, I had to wait until this week to find out whether I passed or not. I had been living the past three weeks like I was done studying and I REALLY didn't want to go back to having more tests hanging over my head. I was so nervous about actually finding out whether I passed or not, that I hadn't even been paying attention to the exact date of the score release (because I really didn't want to know).

It wasn't until yesterday when my mom texted me asking if today (Thursday) was the "big day" that I actually looked to check what the release day was. When I looked, I found out that I was actually only a few hours from my score being out there for me to see. I instantly got sick to my stomach because of the nerves! I decided not to tell my mom (or anyone really) that I found out that this would be the day because I decided it'd be cooler to surprise her with the news if I passed and also if I didn't pass, I'd have a buffer day to deal with it before I had to break that bad news to her.
I have the best mom! She always has faith in me and
is so supportive!! I love her a lot!
Throughout the afternoon, every time that I thought about it, I got nervous again, and the drive home was not fun at all. I was dreading the moment of truth!!

I walked in the door to the house and Trent was right there in the kitchen finishing up supper (because he's an AWESOME husband like that). I hadn't even told him that I knew it was THE DAY yet... So finally I let him in on it and when we sat down to supper, I got my computer out to just get it over with.

When I check my scores, I like to make the internet window really small first so I can look at the score on my own terms and it doesn't surprise me, so I entered my information and pushed the "Score" button. I freaked out a few times and put my face in my hands saying things like "I don't want to look" but finally I just did it... I scrolled down and saw THIS:

 AN 83!!!! YEEEE HAWWW!!!!

I instantly smiled and looked at Trent and said "I passed!!!"

I took a while for it to sink in but I was instantly relieved  I took a little bit for the sick feeling to leave my stomach, but that didn't matter because I was so happy. I only cried a little after it sunk in a bit just because it is all such a whirlwind of emotions. I wish I could explain exactly how I was feeling... I knew after I looked I would either be VERY happy or VERY sad. The thought of not passing and going back to only being half done instead of all of the way done was just an unbearable thought!! It was just such a weight off of me to see that passing score.

As soon as we got done eating, I called my mom and shocked her with the news. She was pretty excited! :) I was glad I got to give her some great news. I then called and sent out some texts to share the news and later in the evening called to tell Grandma and Grandpa Kock. It was also a great feeling to give Grandma some happy news to end her day!!

So now I have to find some long term plans to fill my free time since I don't EVER have to study again if I don't want to!! (And those long term plans aren't a baby at the moment either so don't get your hopes up!) I'm going to continue to work out (something I had been neglecting for the past year and a half) as I'm just wrapping up my 3rd week at Kosama, and we are going to get to work on a lot of little house projects that have been pushed off since we moved in a year ago. (We closed on our house a year ago today!) I am also going to enjoy spending some time with my husband because I've been studying for these tests ever since we got back from our honeymoon in September 2011! 

AHHHH I'M FREEE!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Kendra! What an awesome feeling. I'm so glad all of your hard work paid off. Enjoy the time with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooohoo.. you rock. my phone wont let me use exclamation marks or i would...i died laughing thinking of you keeping the screen really small. and thanks for the disclaimer because that was my first thought. miss you.

    ReplyDelete