Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day!?!

It has been 2 days since my (hopefully) last test and they have been A.MAZING! It has been so nice to be able to think about other things for extended periods of time without feeling bad about not studying. And it's been great to actually start to plan to do some projects that I have been wanting to do at home. (AKA - Be able to start working on and doing all the things I've been pinning on Pinterest!)

It's hard to say how I think my test went... I feel pretty good, but then again I keep thinking about some questions that I didn't know 100% and then feel bad about it... So who knows. I got done with a half hour left at the end, which I don't think has happened with any of the tests I've taken, so I'll take that as a good sign even though it's impossible to tell! I'm just hoping that my little bit of confindence isn't just something that I'm making up to make myself feel good...

I won't find out for a few weeks yet if I passed or not, and when I think about it I already get super nervous. Seriously, the feeling before finding out is the WORST! If I don't pass, then I loose my first test that I passed back in November of 2011. And that would be so horrible to have to go back and revisit all that and be only half done as opposed to being done for good! Ugh! That would be so bad!

But let's not think about that... Happy, positive thoughts!

After my test, I went and walked around a few stores. I didn't buy anything, just looked! It was nice and relaxing, but I was starving, so I had to make myself go home. Trent had smoked a pork butt on the grill last weekend so I had left over pulled pork at home to eat and that was heavenly! I love having an abundance of that meat to eat when we want it! Trent got up at 6 on Saturday morning to get it all started and checked the grill and the meat every half hour until 10 pm when it was done. We had supper after 10 that night so we could have the meat right away for the first time. Definitely worth the wait!

Our big bowl of meat. I should have taken a picture
of it before I put it in the bowl so you could see it all,
but you get the point!
In the afternoon after my test I did a little much needed cleaning. The weather was soooo nice and it was great to have the shades and the windows open and just be able to be home and get stuff done. I love those days! (Even though it's 37 degrees and rainy now!)

Two friends and I are going to be hosting a baby shower for another one of our best friends in August at our house, so thinking about how we're going to decorate and all that has really got me excited to really get the house decorated and look lived in. We still have only about four things hung on the walls in our entire house since we moved in almost a year ago, so this is great motivation to actually get going on this!

I'm going to be making some DIY "Canvas" prints soon to hang up the stairs, so I can't wait to see how those turn out. I'll definitely share those when I'm done so I can document the project! For now, I've got some Observers up on the wall to mark where I think they'll be going to make sure that it'll look okay. :) Yet another use for the Observer!

I also started cleaning out "my room" in our house last night, which has just been a dumping ground for all things decorative and random... I'm boxing things up and moving them down to the basement to be stored (to later be sorted out again and reorganized) and trying to make it an actual usable space for me to do some projects and crafts and possibly even do my hair and makeup in there in the morning... We'll just see how the space evolves I guess.

Well, here we go again. My latest attempt at getting back to blogging. And hopefully this is permanent because I won't have to go back to the torture that is studying for the CPA Exam! I've still got lots of posts in my Drafts thave I have yet to complete... From Thanksgiving and Christmas and from when we repainted our living/dining room in August... wowsers. So I'd think I have a lot to write about and document!

Hope you all enjoyed this cold, rainy and snowy May Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment