Way back in August, Trent's parents came for the weekend and were kind enough to help us take on the HUGE task of painting our living and dining room and up the stairs to the upstairs hallway. I cannot imagine what it would have been like having to do it with just Trent and I. I don't think we ever would have gotten it done!
When we moved into our house, every wall in the house was the same tan color except for one red wall in the dining room. Although tan isn't a bad color, having your whole house be the same flat, tan color really isn't very fun. It also just made everything seem dull. It was amazing how much having the space repainted in a new, lighter color made the whole place brighter and made it feel more like our home.
Here are some pictures of the room from before we moved in...
This painting marathon was all happening on a weekend when I had a test the next Monday, so Trent and his parents were nice enough tolet make me go study for most of the day with a few breaks to help them out, too. I did have enough time on my breaks to take a few pictures of everyone working hard!
And here's what Mattie was doing during this. I got up from my study spot in our bed and she decided to take over. She had had enough painting!
When we moved into our house, every wall in the house was the same tan color except for one red wall in the dining room. Although tan isn't a bad color, having your whole house be the same flat, tan color really isn't very fun. It also just made everything seem dull. It was amazing how much having the space repainted in a new, lighter color made the whole place brighter and made it feel more like our home.
| The red dining room wall. |
| The view from the top of the stairs |
The color we picked to paint the room was Cream in my Coffee by Valspar.
We had done a little analyzing of paint options before we decided on the color, but in the end, I'm glad we decided on the one we did. It has a little bit of a pink tint to it, which scared me at first, but I really liked it after it was all done!
| All the options we picked up at Lowe's. We just grabbed anything that we thought we MIGHT like. I'm pretty sure the one we picked is the third from the left on the top row. |
This painting marathon was all happening on a weekend when I had a test the next Monday, so Trent and his parents were nice enough to
| This did not look very safe to me, but it got the job done! |
And here's what Mattie was doing during this. I got up from my study spot in our bed and she decided to take over. She had had enough painting!
I didn't do a very good job of taking "after" pictures... So you can't see a good before and after of the same space, but here are some pictures after some months had passed, during December... So you can see some of our Christmas decorations as well! (Since the weather outside feels kind of "Christmasy" I think it's only appropriate!)
This room also looks a lot better with furniture. We are very lucky to have such loving parents who let us have/borrow their furniture to fill our house until we can get some of our own!
The walls pretty much look just as bare today as they do in the pictures, but we're working on that! And hopefully curtains will make an appearance soon, too!
Sorry I don't have very good/comparable before and afters... The light is really bad so you can't tell the difference in the colors. Oh well, it's different, you get the point!







No comments:
Post a Comment