Last weekend, we got to be there to celebrate Jocelyn's graduation from DMU as a Doctor of Physical Therapy! It seems like not too long ago we were celebrating her graduation from undergrad and she was talking about starting PT school in Des Moines, and now she's done already and going to be starting her job in the real world and make some money!!!
I'm so happy that Trent and I got to be a small part of her journey as she lived with us for the past 8 weeks during her final internship, while she talked about graduating and finding a job, and I'm glad we got to be some of the first people to hear that she was offered and accepted her job!! And we are SOO happy that she's going to be staying and working in Omaha now! Score for us! (Mission "keep Joce in Omaha" accomplished!!)
On Saturday morning, we showed up to Hy Vee Hall in Downtown Des Moines to watch her walk across the stage and get hooded as Dr. Jocelyn Marie Kock! Sitting through the 2 and a half hour ceremony was totally worth it to be a part of that specialness!
Joce's official name announcement card!
Joce and I before the ceremony
Joce preparing to walk across the stage
Getting hooded!
Woot woot!!
After the ceremony, we had a little photo sesh, of course!
We're so proud!! :D
With her parents
With her grandparents and parents
Grandma and Grandpa Kock were proud, too!!
Joce and my mom
Another picture. Even though I kind of look scared in this one!
After the ceremony, all of her family met up to celebrate with some lunch and presents and hanging out (and by hanging out, I mean watching "Miracle" on the big screen in her apartment building's theater room).
Joce lookin' good with her cake!
The cake maker and the graduate!
This guy! :)
Everyone relaxing and hanging out
Grandma made the cake extra special this time with two colored layers!
Introducing Dr. Josel!
Too much fun!! :)
Congrats to Jocelyn! We can't wait to see what the next chapter of your life brings!
And just for fun, here's my corny compilation of the videos I got from the day. My phone stopped recording RIGHT after she got hooded, so I decided to do what I could with what I had :) (Sorry if you get sick from all the shaking!)
No comments:
Post a Comment