Last weekend was one of my favorite people, Mallory's, bachelorette party. She had 16 of her friends there to help celebrate with her as she prepares for her upcoming wedding and we had such a fun time!
We all met up on Saturday afternoon at The Social Canvas to do a little painting. The painting of the day was Van Gogh's Starry Night, so everyone painted that. Everyone but me, that is! I decided that I didn't think mine would look that great and I probably wouldn't end up hanging it anywhere, so I was going to try to make something that I would actually display somewhere. I went with an American flag and tried to replicate one that they had displaying on the wall. It started out all fine and dandy, but then my white and red got mixed together on my canvas and it turned a gross pink color, so I was kind of disappointed. I've never tried to pretend that I was artistic at all, though, so I guess I shouldn't be so hard on myself!
I left with a canvas painted red with the blue square in the top left corner with some dots that are supposed to be stars and, with the help of some suggestions from my friends, I decided that I'd use a white Sharpie to write some lyrics of some "America" song on it as the stripes after I got it home. So, if it's worth sharing when I'm done, I'll share how it turns out! :)
After everyone was done painting, we all went back to the hotel to get ready for the evening. We gathered in one room to hang out for a while and have some snacks and drinks and Mallory opened her gifts. She definitely got some fun and creative things that were perfect for her as the bachelorette!
Before we left, Lauren, Bailey and I had to take our traditional picture :)
For supper we went to Monterrey Mexican Restaurant (Mallory's favorite) and then went out to a few places and had some drinks and danced and just hung out. It was great to be able to hang out with some of my favorite people and make some new friends as well!
When we got tired (because we're old), we went back to the hotel and got in some comfy clothes, had some snacks, and just talked and hung out for a while longer.
On Sunday morning, some people took off for home, but most of us made a stop in Panorama for a bridal shower for Mallory. These few hours were another great example of the awesome person that Mallory is. She is always smiling and making people laugh and she is so thoughtful and kind. So many people love her and want the best for her and it's not hard to tell why!
Here are just a few of the moments that I was able to catch on Sunday. It is a nice collection of "The Faces of Mallory."
It was such a great weekend that was dedicated to Mallory! I wish her and Bob the absolute best and I know they'll have a happy and awesome life together!







No comments:
Post a Comment