Monday, March 2, 2015

Baby Fred - Week 16

I need to work on looking happy and not like I'm in pain in these pictures! :)
Date
March 2, 2015

Baby size
An Avacado

Baby milestones
He has bones forming in his ears, so he can most likely hear us talking. (I guess it's time to pull out the books and start reading to him!) His legs are more developed, his head is more erect and his eyes are moving more toward the front of his head. He's about 4.6 inches long and weighs 3.5 ounces.

Weight Gain
Per the Doctor's scale, I had gained 5 pounds in the last 4 weeks, but per my scale, I think it's been about 7 total, so that doesn't quite add up, but I'm not too concerned about my weight. I am just focused on eating what I need to to have a healthy baby. Hopefully I'm doing okay at that one!

Maternity clothes
Same situation here. All maternity pants except for my yoga pants or sweatpants and regular shirts for the most part except for the few casual ones I've purchased.

Have you started to show yet
Yes, but not very much. Still doesn't feel like it's gotten any bigger lately.

Symptoms
I think I turned a corner this week with the nauseousness. I feel better most of the time now, just only get sick when my stomach is empty. Surprisingly, eating all the time isn't as appealing as you'd think it would be... Still having back pain and the whole numb left hip thing, but hopefully I'll get some help for that soon.

Food cravings
Cold things. Smoothies, etc. Chipotle tacos...

Aversions
Nothing specific.

Movement
Nothing yet... still anxiously waiting (It's not to be expected for a few weeks yet)

Mood
I think I'm in a pretty good mood.

Sleep
I think it's been fine lately. I still wake up at least once in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and several times because I've rolled onto my back and need to adjust my position, but at least I'm sleeping, so I'm alright with that!

Dreams
One this week was that Trent scheduled pedicures at a place for me and all my friends but then there was only one lady working and she really was a bad businesswoman... In the end, she had to close before we were all through. Then I left and was on some scavenger hunt type thing with some older men and Trent was there too. Number one on the list of things to find was a Cassowary bird, which is a bird that lives in Australia... we ended up finding the one we were looking for but it was dead in someone's front yard. And it didn't look like a real cassowary, it looked more like something I may see on Sesame Street or something... The second thing we had to do was go to an American Girl Doll store and get whatever doll and accessories were on our sheets... I never did find out what #3 was... and I never got my pedicure either...
I also had two last night that were really strange but I only remember one and I'm not about to share it with all of you! haha. :)

Miss anything
Dr. Pepper

Gender prediction
I don't know anymore! I think it's either a boy or a girl...

Names
Still just talking about potential names (and some who have no potential at all) every now and then.

Have you told family and friends
I told Melody O'Connor this morning. I wish I could have told her in person, but I wasn't going to see them any time soon, but it was still fun to share that news! I will soon be able to put to use all the skills I learned while watching their kids when they were little with my own child!

Best moment of the week
Our appointment on Friday and hearing our baby's heartbeat. Seeing my friends on Saturday and hanging out with them for an extended amount of time! Spending Sunday afternoon with Trent.

Looking forward to
Going home next Saturday night and getting to see some of my family! I will also get to see my Grandma and Grandpa Jons and tell them that we're having a baby if they haven't already read it in the paper :)

Other thoughts: We had an appointment late last week. We heard the heartbeat (she found it immediately!) and it was at 163 when she looked the first time and then it went up to the 170s, so she said the baby was probably moving around in there! I can't wait until I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment