Baby size:
A Banana
A Banana
Baby milestones:
Per my baby apps, our baby weighs around 10 and a half ounces, but per our ultrasound last week, our baby is already at around 12 ounces! He's about 10 inches long as well. Our baby is also gulping down more amniotic fluid, which is good practice for his digestive system. We actually got to see our baby take a big gulp during our ultrasound on Wednesday!
Maternity clothes:
Same story here - all maternity pants and a mix of regular and maternity shirts.
Same story here - all maternity pants and a mix of regular and maternity shirts.
Have you started to show yet:
Yep
Yep
Symptoms:
Hungry all the time still and growing belly
Hungry all the time still and growing belly
Food cravings:
Nothing
Nothing
Aversions:
None
None
Movement:
I don't think that I have felt any more movement this week. At our ultrasound on Wednesday, my doctor told me that I had an anterior placenta which means that my placenta is essentially between the baby and the outside world which makes it harder for me to feel the movement. It makes my 72% confidence that I felt the baby last week go down. The baby's feet in the ultrasound were right in the area where I felt the movement last week, so it's still possible that that was it. I guess I will just wait patiently until I feel it again and see if it's the same as what I felt previously.
I don't think that I have felt any more movement this week. At our ultrasound on Wednesday, my doctor told me that I had an anterior placenta which means that my placenta is essentially between the baby and the outside world which makes it harder for me to feel the movement. It makes my 72% confidence that I felt the baby last week go down. The baby's feet in the ultrasound were right in the area where I felt the movement last week, so it's still possible that that was it. I guess I will just wait patiently until I feel it again and see if it's the same as what I felt previously.
Mood:
Good. :) (We'll see how it ends up being by the end of this week, though, because I stayed up too late last night watching the season finale of The Walking Dead!)
Good. :) (We'll see how it ends up being by the end of this week, though, because I stayed up too late last night watching the season finale of The Walking Dead!)
Sleep:
Pretty good this week! Still have to get up to pee at some point in the night, which I don't like, but it could be worse.
Pretty good this week! Still have to get up to pee at some point in the night, which I don't like, but it could be worse.
Dreams:
I had some weird ones but I can't even type them and have them make any sense... There were family members there that we thought were dead because of carbon monoxide poisoning but then no one would go to look. Turns out they were okay. Then there was a storm and I was driving and my brakes weren't that great. Trent was mad at me and there was a little girl there and those two were kind of teaming up against me. When we got to our destination, the girl was evidently a little talking dog... and the dog went and peed on a rug that looked like grass. (I know that makes absolutely no sense)
I had some weird ones but I can't even type them and have them make any sense... There were family members there that we thought were dead because of carbon monoxide poisoning but then no one would go to look. Turns out they were okay. Then there was a storm and I was driving and my brakes weren't that great. Trent was mad at me and there was a little girl there and those two were kind of teaming up against me. When we got to our destination, the girl was evidently a little talking dog... and the dog went and peed on a rug that looked like grass. (I know that makes absolutely no sense)
Miss anything:
Not really.
Gender prediction:
I still say "he" more than "she" but I really don't know
Names:
No change here
I still say "he" more than "she" but I really don't know
Names:
No change here
Best moment of the week:
Our ultrasound on Wednesday! And getting to do a little redo ultrasound on Friday. I can't even describe how amazing it was to see our baby in there and to see he or see moving around!
Looking forward to:
Hanging out with Grandpa tomorrow during Grandma's knee surgery, having Friday off for Good Friday and going to see both sides of our families for Easter this weekend.
Our ultrasound on Wednesday! And getting to do a little redo ultrasound on Friday. I can't even describe how amazing it was to see our baby in there and to see he or see moving around!
Looking forward to:
Hanging out with Grandpa tomorrow during Grandma's knee surgery, having Friday off for Good Friday and going to see both sides of our families for Easter this weekend.
Other thoughts: We had our 20 week ultrasound on Wednesday. I was nervous but so excited going into it. When I laid on that table and first saw the heartbeat I felt the first wave of relief and as the tech started showing us different parts of our baby, my eyes started filling with tears. Not too long into it, she showed us the baby's face and his hands were right up by his face. Then he moved, kind of rubbing his face, and I felt a feeling like I'd never felt before - I have never been so in love! I briefly started sobbing and I'm sure it probably sounded like I was sad about something, but I was happier than I've ever been in my life. It was amazing. The last few minutes of the ultrasound, the tech put in a DVD to record some of it, unfortunately, when we got home, the DVD didn't work. On Thursday, I mentioned that fact to a friend of mine who works at the Women's Center and she got me in touch with the Director of Ultrasound Imaging and she made an appointment for me on Friday to go back and redo the DVD portion, so I got to see our baby again for another five minutes!
The point of our ultrasound was to make sure that everything looked good with our baby, and our doctor confirmed for us after our ultrasound appointment that everything looked great. The baby's heartbeat went between 146 and 156, measured about 12 ounces and 10 inches long. Absolutely perfect!
Some pictures from our ultrasound are below. After getting ultrasound pictures of our own baby, I totally get why people share them with the public. Before this, I didn't get what the big deal was with the grainy black and white pictures!! TOTALLY get it now!
If you want to see our ultrasound video, let me know, I'm not going to put it on this blog though, but I'm willing to share our baby with whoever wants to see :)
Our baby's beautiful spine!
Sucking his/her thumb
Our baby's legs crossed at the ankles (the knees are pointing to the left)





No comments:
Post a Comment