How many weeks to go:
14 Weeks
14 Weeks
Baby size:
As big as a head of lettuce (13.6-14.8 inches)
As big as a head of lettuce (13.6-14.8 inches)
Baby milestones:
Her eyes are forming and will soon start to open. Her eyelashes are grown and she's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up my antibodies. Let's hope I'm giving her some good ones :)
Her eyes are forming and will soon start to open. Her eyelashes are grown and she's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up my antibodies. Let's hope I'm giving her some good ones :)
Maternity clothes:
Yep. I did some successful shopping on Saturday with my mom at Motherhood Maternity. I got some good stuff that will hopefully last me a while before I feel like I have nothing to wear again.
Yep. I did some successful shopping on Saturday with my mom at Motherhood Maternity. I got some good stuff that will hopefully last me a while before I feel like I have nothing to wear again.
Stretch marks:
Not yet.
Not yet.
Have you started to show yet:
Yes. I'm starting to feel quite large
Yes. I'm starting to feel quite large
Belly button in or out:
It's still in, but the top/outer part is sticking out and I can see it through tight shirts now.
It's still in, but the top/outer part is sticking out and I can see it through tight shirts now.
Symptoms:
More occasional acid reflux and a growing belly!
More occasional acid reflux and a growing belly!
Food cravings:
Nothing specific really...
Nothing specific really...
Aversions:
None
None
Movement:
She's moving around in there. The movement has consistently been up towards my ribs now, where, in the beginning, I felt the majority of it in my lower right abdomen. I'm thinking that means the baby is head down now hopefully and she's kicking my ribs!
She's moving around in there. The movement has consistently been up towards my ribs now, where, in the beginning, I felt the majority of it in my lower right abdomen. I'm thinking that means the baby is head down now hopefully and she's kicking my ribs!
Labor signs:
None.
None.
Mood:
Good for the most part but had some moments this weekend when I got overly tired... Unfortunately Trent got the brunt of it...
Good for the most part but had some moments this weekend when I got overly tired... Unfortunately Trent got the brunt of it...
Sleep:
Pretty good for the most part. Still starting to wake up with a sore back every so often.
Pretty good for the most part. Still starting to wake up with a sore back every so often.
Dreams:
I had one where we had twins. A boy and a girl. We named the boy the name Trent had picked from the beginning but hadn't decided between our to girl names by he time I woke up.
I had one where we had twins. A boy and a girl. We named the boy the name Trent had picked from the beginning but hadn't decided between our to girl names by he time I woke up.
I've also had a few strange ones that I don't remember at the moment.
Miss anything:
Having a plethora of clothes that fit
Having a plethora of clothes that fit
Gender prediction:
Boy
Boy
Names:
Nothing new other than finding one more girl name we both like this week.
Nothing new other than finding one more girl name we both like this week.
Best moment of the week:
Oh where do I start?!? The Garth concert on Friday night was a ton of fun. The concert started past my bed time and I stayed up way too late and woke up feeling like I was hung over, but it was worth it. I'm glad we all got to go together again!! Saturday, my mom, Uncle Dan, and Danielle went out for a late lunch and them my mom and I did a little shopping. I ended up taking up most of the time by doing my own shopping, but I came away with a lot of good stuff and I'm glad that my mom was there to help me!!
Oh where do I start?!? The Garth concert on Friday night was a ton of fun. The concert started past my bed time and I stayed up way too late and woke up feeling like I was hung over, but it was worth it. I'm glad we all got to go together again!! Saturday, my mom, Uncle Dan, and Danielle went out for a late lunch and them my mom and I did a little shopping. I ended up taking up most of the time by doing my own shopping, but I came away with a lot of good stuff and I'm glad that my mom was there to help me!!
The fun continued on Sunday when Trent's parents arrived and brought the baby's crib with them. It turned out way better than I had imagined it would!!! We also got the crib mattress to go in the crib! The baby has a place to sleep!! My wonderful mother-in-law also spent a few hours of her Mother's Day helping me to wallpaper the baby's closet - talk about being selfless!! It also turned out great (see below) and I am just so excited to be getting more things done for the baby's room!!
We found some time to eat some good food and hang out in between all the nursery activity. It was just a great long weekend!
Nursery Things:
As I mentioned above, the baby now has a crib to sleep in and their closet has been started!!
The baby's crib is a hand-me-down that has been used by numerous babies in Trent's family starting with his sister and Trent himself and then the latest babies that slept in there are our child's cousins, Taylor and Jenna! Trent's parents were kind enough to repaint it for us and even reconstruct one of the sides. It turned out amazing and I just love it!
I also got the crazy idea that I wanted to wallpaper the baby's closet. Luckily, Trent's mom, who's wallpapered a time or two offered to help me put it up, and I'm so glad that she did! Our wallpapering adventure wasn't without a few hiccups, but, in the end, it turned out amazing. There's still a little bit that needs to be finished on the left side of the closet, but I should be able to handle that! :)
So far, I am absolutely loving our baby's room. I walk in there almost every time that I go up the stairs and just look around before going on with what I really came upstairs to do. I really hope that I can pull everything together in the end and have it all look good together!
Looking forward to: I'm always looking forward to the weekends these days (when I can wear sweatpants all day every day for the most part!) I'm happy to be able to spend another Saturday with Trent this coming weekend and then I'll be going home on Sunday to help hand out scholarship awards in memory of my dad at my high school's graduation. I just hope the weekend doesn't go too fast!!
Other thoughts: Did you see the baby that was born this week in Pittsburgh that weighed 13 pounds and was 25 inches long?! The baby is already wearing some 6 month clothes!! The thought did cross my mind that that could be me! Just kidding! (Kind of...)






Bah! Here I was working on my birth story (yep, still) and I saw a new post.. since I'm living vicariously through you, I had to read it right away! I LOVE the crib.. can't wait to see the finished nursery. I loved just going in Trice's room and sitting before he was born.. it's still my favorite room in the house. Of course now it's a tornado in there 99% of the time. ;) I was a little sad not to plan a nursery for Eliana, but someday she'll get a super awesome little girl room. Eeee.. you're getting close, friend!!
ReplyDeleteTake your time with that birth story, but know that I still check in every so often to see if it's there for me to read :) I seriously can't wait!!!
Delete