Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Baby Fred - 27 Weeks!


Date:
May 18, 2015

How far along:
27 weeks

How many weeks to go: 
13 Weeks (Our due date was 3 months from Sunday!)

Baby size:
The size of a head of cauliflower (about 2 lb and 14.5 inches)

Baby milestones: 
She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals now and regularly opening and closing her eyes. Her brain is very active and her lungs are developing quite nicely as well. If she were to be born today, with a lot of medical help, her lungs would be capable of functioning out here in the world.

Stretch marks: 
Not yet.

Have you started to show yet: 
Very much so

Belly button in or out: 
Still in, but getting even more shallow and I can always feel the top of it sticking out through my shirts now.

Symptoms: 
Having heart palpitations more often now.

Food cravings: 
Nothing really

Aversions: 
None

Movement:
She moves around in there, but I wish it was more consistent so I could be ready for it and be watching. There are times when I catch a glimpse of my belly moving on the outside, but it's just out of the corner of my eye and I want to be looking right at it!!! :)

Labor signs: 
None.

Sleep: 
Sleeping pretty well, but I wake up with some back pain most mornings now.

Miss anything: 
Not being slightly nervous all of the time that the baby is okay

Gender prediction: 
I actually have thought girl the past day or so... not sure what's up with that.

Names: 
Nothing new but I have been feeling slightly nervous about the pressure of naming a human lately...

Best moment of the week: 
Spending Friday night and Saturday with Trent just doing whatever we wanted to do around house and around town. We went to one of his friend's house on Saturday night and one of the couples brought their 8 month old, Willa, along. She was so cute and it was so cute to see Trent with her. Maybe that's why I think we're having a girl now :)

Don't they look so cute just hanging out together!
Sunday, I went home to AWV's graduation so we could hand out the two scholarships that are given in my dad's memory. I wasn't able to go last year, so I was very happy that I got to be there this year! I love the reminder of my dad and his passions and the fact that we're able to assist these seniors as they pursue their passions!



Nursery Things:
Nothing happened with the nursery this week. I am hoping that the next two weeks are big weeks, though :)

Looking forward to: 
Only having to work 4 days this week and then going on a little vacation with Trent! I'm excited for the shopping that we're going to be doing for the baby and just to have a few days to do whatever we want!
Also looking forward to our appointment on Wednesday morning but I'm slightly nervous about having my glucose test... Hopefully I pass!!! Fingers crossed!

Other things: 
When we were out and about on Friday evening, we went to Scheel's to pick up a few things for Trent's upcoming hiking trip. When we got to the check out, the check-out girl asked what we were having and I said we didn't know. She asked if we just didn't know yet or if we didn't want to know. I said that we didn't want to know and she immediately went off on how that was the "wrong decision" and was saying things like "what are you going to buy for clothes? All yellow stuff?" I'm sure it all came out worse than she intended but it was definitely the worst reaction we've gotten to not finding out the gender of our baby! 

4 comments:

  1. There are very few surprises in life .. totally worth it!! If you're like me, you just buy both and then sell what you don't use (or tell your husband you'll sell it and really just save it for the next baby!) ;) Looking good, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I can totally pull that one off, I know! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh.. and Eliana went from having like 3 onesies to our closet OVERFLOWING with clothes after 2 days!! Best part? We didn't buy any of them. :)

    ReplyDelete