How many weeks to go:
12 Weeks
Baby size:
The size of an eggplant (2.5ish lbs and 13.6-14.8 inches long)
The size of an eggplant (2.5ish lbs and 13.6-14.8 inches long)
Baby milestones:
She's getting fatter and developing her brain - basically just getting prepped for life out here int he real world with us!
Stretch marks:
Not yet, but I haven't necessarily done a thorough inspection.
Not yet, but I haven't necessarily done a thorough inspection.
Belly button in or out:
Still just the top/outside part sticking out and it can be seen through my shirts now.
Still just the top/outside part sticking out and it can be seen through my shirts now.
Symptoms:
Still having heart palpitations and some lower back pain. I get pretty out of breath when I go up stairs. Nothing too crazy, though.
Still having heart palpitations and some lower back pain. I get pretty out of breath when I go up stairs. Nothing too crazy, though.
Food cravings:
Nothing that sticks out as a real "craving" to me. Things just come and go...
Nothing that sticks out as a real "craving" to me. Things just come and go...
Aversions:
None
None
Movement:
She still moves around in there occasionally throughout the day. It's such a strange feeling to have her tap Morse code on my bladder every so often!
She still moves around in there occasionally throughout the day. It's such a strange feeling to have her tap Morse code on my bladder every so often!
Labor signs:
None.
None.
Sleep:
I've started waking up more in the night, and the four nights last week that I slept without my body pillow, I woke up with back pain and had to prop up pillows and sleep sitting up more - kind of like I was in a recliner. Other than that, it's still good, just a little harder to change positions.
I've started waking up more in the night, and the four nights last week that I slept without my body pillow, I woke up with back pain and had to prop up pillows and sleep sitting up more - kind of like I was in a recliner. Other than that, it's still good, just a little harder to change positions.
Miss anything:
Nothing that's worth mentioning
Nothing that's worth mentioning
Gender prediction:
I don't know anymore...
I don't know anymore...
Names:
Not a whole lot of discussion happened on the name front this week. I don't think either of us feels a sense of urgency to narrow down the list quite yet - even though I think it'd be fun to :)
Not a whole lot of discussion happened on the name front this week. I don't think either of us feels a sense of urgency to narrow down the list quite yet - even though I think it'd be fun to :)
Best moment of the week:
For sure Trent and I's little mini-vacation to Kansas City.
I finally got to go swimming!! It was one of the first things we did when we got to our hotel on Friday and we had the whole pool to ourselves! It was nice to be weightless for a while, but I'm still thinking I should try the whole swimming thing again, but have a floaty available next time so I don't have to use my abdominal muscles so much when I float! :) Trent was nice enough to hold me up and be my floaty for a little while, though, so that was nice!
I loved the time that Trent and I had to hang out together and relax while we were on our little vacation. We did some shopping at REI for his upcoming hiking trip and at IKEA to get some stuff for the nursery and other things for throughout the house. We went to see a few movies in the theater (Tomorrowland and Pitch Perfect 2) and watched some in our hotel room. We took naps and slept in and ate WAY too much!!! It was rainy and wet pretty much the whole time we were there, so that cut back on some of the activities that we probably would have done had it been nice, but I think that helped it to be an even more relaxing trip.
Oh and I passed my glucose test, so that was a great thing, too!! Woot!
For sure Trent and I's little mini-vacation to Kansas City.
I finally got to go swimming!! It was one of the first things we did when we got to our hotel on Friday and we had the whole pool to ourselves! It was nice to be weightless for a while, but I'm still thinking I should try the whole swimming thing again, but have a floaty available next time so I don't have to use my abdominal muscles so much when I float! :) Trent was nice enough to hold me up and be my floaty for a little while, though, so that was nice!
I loved the time that Trent and I had to hang out together and relax while we were on our little vacation. We did some shopping at REI for his upcoming hiking trip and at IKEA to get some stuff for the nursery and other things for throughout the house. We went to see a few movies in the theater (Tomorrowland and Pitch Perfect 2) and watched some in our hotel room. We took naps and slept in and ate WAY too much!!! It was rainy and wet pretty much the whole time we were there, so that cut back on some of the activities that we probably would have done had it been nice, but I think that helped it to be an even more relaxing trip.
Oh and I passed my glucose test, so that was a great thing, too!! Woot!
Nursery Things:
We made stop (or two) at IKEA while we were in Kansas City to pick up some stuff for the nursery. We got the Kallax shelf that we are going to put in the baby's closet and some Skubb drawer organizers. We also got some frames and picture shelves and curtains to help decorate the room! I can't wait to get those drawer organizers into the dresser (and also to get stuff in the drawers, but that will come), to get the shelf put together and in the closet and get the curtains hung up. Trent is going to be gone hiking for a week, so I am going to have to be patient with the whole shelf thing, but I intend on doing as much as I can while he's gone - like install curtain rods!!! I know I am 100% capable! Haha!
Land of Nod had a Memorial Day sale on all their storage containers and they had free shipping on Monday, so I took that opportunity to order the bins that I wanted to be able to put in the cubbies in the shelf that's going into the closet as well as some other fun storage bins that are going to go in the nursery!
Our nursery chair that we ordered should also be in this week from NFM, so I need to recruit some strong friends to go with me to pick it up and get it into the baby's room because I'm far too impatient to wait another.whole.week to get it!
We made stop (or two) at IKEA while we were in Kansas City to pick up some stuff for the nursery. We got the Kallax shelf that we are going to put in the baby's closet and some Skubb drawer organizers. We also got some frames and picture shelves and curtains to help decorate the room! I can't wait to get those drawer organizers into the dresser (and also to get stuff in the drawers, but that will come), to get the shelf put together and in the closet and get the curtains hung up. Trent is going to be gone hiking for a week, so I am going to have to be patient with the whole shelf thing, but I intend on doing as much as I can while he's gone - like install curtain rods!!! I know I am 100% capable! Haha!
Land of Nod had a Memorial Day sale on all their storage containers and they had free shipping on Monday, so I took that opportunity to order the bins that I wanted to be able to put in the cubbies in the shelf that's going into the closet as well as some other fun storage bins that are going to go in the nursery!
Our nursery chair that we ordered should also be in this week from NFM, so I need to recruit some strong friends to go with me to pick it up and get it into the baby's room because I'm far too impatient to wait another.whole.week to get it!
Looking forward to:
Getting what we purchased this weekend organized and put away as best I can. I am also going to take advantage of all my alone time to clean out some of the cupboards and prepare for baby things to be put in them! It's going to be a good week!! (If I can keep myself from being freaked out because I'll be home alone, that is!) I've got my lists made of things I'm wanting to get done, so now I just need to do it all!
Getting what we purchased this weekend organized and put away as best I can. I am also going to take advantage of all my alone time to clean out some of the cupboards and prepare for baby things to be put in them! It's going to be a good week!! (If I can keep myself from being freaked out because I'll be home alone, that is!) I've got my lists made of things I'm wanting to get done, so now I just need to do it all!
Other things:
We had an appointment last Wednesday, the 20th (at 27 weeks and 2 days). Baby's heartbeat was in the 150s and I was measuring at 29 weeks. I drank the orange glucose drink before the appointment to have my blood tested to see if I had gestational diabetes. Besides the slight hiccup of me not reading the directions closely until AFTER I had already drank it and drinking it a half hour too early (we just went a little early to the appointment so the crisis was averted), the whole test was a non-event. And thankfully I passed!!!
We had an appointment last Wednesday, the 20th (at 27 weeks and 2 days). Baby's heartbeat was in the 150s and I was measuring at 29 weeks. I drank the orange glucose drink before the appointment to have my blood tested to see if I had gestational diabetes. Besides the slight hiccup of me not reading the directions closely until AFTER I had already drank it and drinking it a half hour too early (we just went a little early to the appointment so the crisis was averted), the whole test was a non-event. And thankfully I passed!!!



Yay!! Getting closer! I'm SO excited to see this nursery when it's finished. I SO want some of those storage containers so I may have to watch for another sale. ;) I'm thinking girl (and I'm pretty good at guessing!)
ReplyDelete