How many weeks to go:
10 Weeks
10 Weeks
Baby size:
Large Head of Cabbage
About 3 lbs (or a little more!)
15.2-16.7 inches long
Large Head of Cabbage
About 3 lbs (or a little more!)
15.2-16.7 inches long
Baby milestones:
Our baby is now said to be strong enough to grasp a finger! (I can't wait for that!) Her eye site is continuing to develop. She can respond to changes in light when her eyes are open, but her eyesight isn't that great. It is said to be about 20/400 and will still need to develop further once she's born.
Maternity clothes:
Yep. I'm kind of over wearing pants these days. My coworkers are probably going to be seeing a lot of the same 3 dresses over the next few months!!
Yep. I'm kind of over wearing pants these days. My coworkers are probably going to be seeing a lot of the same 3 dresses over the next few months!!
Stretch marks: Not yet that I know of
Belly button in or out:
It's very flat. It seems like it's out because you can see the top of it through my shirts, but the actual belly button is hanging in there still.
It's very flat. It seems like it's out because you can see the top of it through my shirts, but the actual belly button is hanging in there still.
Symptoms:
My feet and ankles are still a little bigger than they should be, but hopefully they aren't too noticeable. (Even though my friend Kaela did tell me my ankles looked big last week... oh well!)
I had about 12 hours of having trouble breathing this weekend. I hate feeling claustrophobic and like I can't breath, and I kept saying that I felt like I had COPD and was in a submarine with an elephant. It wasn't a fun feeling. No matter how deep of breaths I took, I just couldn't get enough air to feel "normal." By Sunday afternoon, it got back to normal and I haven't felt that way since, so we'll see how long it stays away!
I can feel my belly stretching and it gets heavy at times and I have a few random tightening episodes here and there, but other than that, I just feel pregnant. :)
My feet and ankles are still a little bigger than they should be, but hopefully they aren't too noticeable. (Even though my friend Kaela did tell me my ankles looked big last week... oh well!)
I had about 12 hours of having trouble breathing this weekend. I hate feeling claustrophobic and like I can't breath, and I kept saying that I felt like I had COPD and was in a submarine with an elephant. It wasn't a fun feeling. No matter how deep of breaths I took, I just couldn't get enough air to feel "normal." By Sunday afternoon, it got back to normal and I haven't felt that way since, so we'll see how long it stays away!
I can feel my belly stretching and it gets heavy at times and I have a few random tightening episodes here and there, but other than that, I just feel pregnant. :)
Food cravings:
I have been loving watermelon lately. That's pretty much all I had at my shower on Sunday and Trent went to the store on Monday night, so I had him pick one up there for me to eat this week, too! (I'm finally getting this posted on Wednesday and I'm sure that the last of the watermelon will be gone by the end of the day!)
Movement:
She's still moving around in there - sometimes more than others, but it is quite the comforting feeling (and strange still) to feel her move around.
She's still moving around in there - sometimes more than others, but it is quite the comforting feeling (and strange still) to feel her move around.
Labor signs: None
Sleep:
I've been sleeping well. Just the one night this weekend that I had trouble breathing, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Not sure if it was the baby's position or something that I ate or what... I am pretty fond of sleeping in my own bed with all my pillows and stuff these days, so I'll probably try to sleep in my own bed every night if at all possible until this baby comes!
I've been sleeping well. Just the one night this weekend that I had trouble breathing, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Not sure if it was the baby's position or something that I ate or what... I am pretty fond of sleeping in my own bed with all my pillows and stuff these days, so I'll probably try to sleep in my own bed every night if at all possible until this baby comes!
Dreams:
I know I had a few, but the one that sticks out to me the most, I had on Saturday night. In it, I could see the baby's hand sticking up through the skin on my belly and reaching out like she was trying to get out! I had a feeling like the baby was panicking and needed to get out of there! I think I may have been transferring my claustrophobic feelings that I was having that night on to the baby in my dream!
I know I had a few, but the one that sticks out to me the most, I had on Saturday night. In it, I could see the baby's hand sticking up through the skin on my belly and reaching out like she was trying to get out! I had a feeling like the baby was panicking and needed to get out of there! I think I may have been transferring my claustrophobic feelings that I was having that night on to the baby in my dream!
Miss anything:
Having my clothes fit.
Having my clothes fit.
Gender prediction:
Either a boy or a girl...
Either a boy or a girl...
Names:
Trent and I talked a little bit about names when we went out to eat one night last week. Nothing was really decided, but I think we have the list narrowed down a little... We also got quite a few name suggestions from everyone at my shower this weekend. Trent and I haven't looked through them all together yet, so we'll see if any contenders come out of that list!
Trent and I talked a little bit about names when we went out to eat one night last week. Nothing was really decided, but I think we have the list narrowed down a little... We also got quite a few name suggestions from everyone at my shower this weekend. Trent and I haven't looked through them all together yet, so we'll see if any contenders come out of that list!
Best moment of the week:
I got a promotion last week! For the past three years, I have been a Sr. Analyst, but now I have moved up to be a Manager. My job doesn't change, just my title. So that was a fun thing that I wasn't really expecting to happen this week!
I got a promotion last week! For the past three years, I have been a Sr. Analyst, but now I have moved up to be a Manager. My job doesn't change, just my title. So that was a fun thing that I wasn't really expecting to happen this week!
We also started our birth class on Wednesday night and it went really well. It was even better than I thought it would be, I think! I mean, I'm not a big fan of group activities and it IS a little strange to spoon with your husband to work on relaxation techniques in a room with 7 other couples, but I can deal with that. The instructor ended up answering some of the big questions I had about the hospital's policies and standards without me having to ask the questions and calmed some of my anxieties that I had and really just made me more excited and relaxed about this whole birth thing. It was also fun to be doing it along with Trent and to actually be preparing for the birth of our child and not just preparing as far as accumulating stuff. I hope the rest of the classes go as well as the first one!
Of course, having the shower this weekend was one of the best moments of this week as well. My sister did such a good job with planning it! It was perfect and everything was great! There is just something about getting a bunch of people together that love you and having them talk about this baby that is going to be joining us in a few months and making predictions about what they are going to be like. I can't wait to see what our baby really looks like and when she actually arrives and whether the baby is a boy or a girl! Until then, it's fun to just keep imagining! (More on the shower later!)
Trent and I and the baby were also spoiled with gifts. I haven't had a chance to go through everything and show everything to Trent yet because we had company when I got home on Sunday night, so it's all still sitting in the living room, but that's on the agenda for Tuesday night! It is so crazy to actually have real baby things in our house now! I can't wait to get it all into the baby's room and organized so we can be even more ready for the baby to be here!!!
Of course, having the shower this weekend was one of the best moments of this week as well. My sister did such a good job with planning it! It was perfect and everything was great! There is just something about getting a bunch of people together that love you and having them talk about this baby that is going to be joining us in a few months and making predictions about what they are going to be like. I can't wait to see what our baby really looks like and when she actually arrives and whether the baby is a boy or a girl! Until then, it's fun to just keep imagining! (More on the shower later!)
Trent and I and the baby were also spoiled with gifts. I haven't had a chance to go through everything and show everything to Trent yet because we had company when I got home on Sunday night, so it's all still sitting in the living room, but that's on the agenda for Tuesday night! It is so crazy to actually have real baby things in our house now! I can't wait to get it all into the baby's room and organized so we can be even more ready for the baby to be here!!!
Nursery Things:
There wasn't anything big that happened in the nursery this week - just some little things. The bins that we ordered for the shelf in the closet and a few other storage/decorative bins came, so those are in the room. And we started getting a few baby things in the mail, so those things have started to gather in there as well! I'm looking forward to getting everything in its right spot and start putting things from the baby shower away where they are going to go!
Looking forward to:
Getting more done in the nursery this weekend. We are planning on getting the shelf that goes in the closet on Saturday and I'll also work on getting things figured out for decorations and getting the gifts put away!
There wasn't anything big that happened in the nursery this week - just some little things. The bins that we ordered for the shelf in the closet and a few other storage/decorative bins came, so those are in the room. And we started getting a few baby things in the mail, so those things have started to gather in there as well! I'm looking forward to getting everything in its right spot and start putting things from the baby shower away where they are going to go!
![]() |
| Here's the closet shelf with the new bins in it! |
Getting more done in the nursery this weekend. We are planning on getting the shelf that goes in the closet on Saturday and I'll also work on getting things figured out for decorations and getting the gifts put away!
We have an appointment this week and another birth class on Wednesday night, so I'm looking forward to all that as well!!


Yay! I'm so glad I got to see that bump in person! And I'm glad your class went so well. All the spooning will be worth it. I'm glad you got some questions answered, too! You are the cutest mama ever!
ReplyDelete