| Millie snuck her tail into this picture! |
June 29, 2015 - My Birthday!!
How far along:
33 Weeks!!
How many weeks to go:
7 Weeks!
7 Weeks!
Baby size:
Pineapple
4.2-5.8 lbs (but we know now that the baby may be close to 6lb by this point.
17.8-18.7 inches
Pineapple
4.2-5.8 lbs (but we know now that the baby may be close to 6lb by this point.
17.8-18.7 inches
Baby milestones:
Baby is keeping her eyes open while awake and starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.
Baby is keeping her eyes open while awake and starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.
Maternity clothes:
Yes - and my belly is hanging out of some of those even!
Yes - and my belly is hanging out of some of those even!
Stretch marks:
Negative (I know it could still happen, but I just kind of think my body is meant to be big, so it was prepared for this - or something! haha)
Negative (I know it could still happen, but I just kind of think my body is meant to be big, so it was prepared for this - or something! haha)
Belly button in or out:
I think it is more out than in these days...
I think it is more out than in these days...
Symptoms:
Random tightening of the belly and my heart beats like crazy at times... My pubic bones started hurting on Saturday morning and my back hurts pretty much whenever I'm not sitting down, but it could be worse.
Random tightening of the belly and my heart beats like crazy at times... My pubic bones started hurting on Saturday morning and my back hurts pretty much whenever I'm not sitting down, but it could be worse.
Food cravings:
Nothing specific that I can think of...
Nothing specific that I can think of...
Movement:
Quite a bit of movement. Baby goes crazy in there every once in a while - especially after I eat.
Quite a bit of movement. Baby goes crazy in there every once in a while - especially after I eat.
Labor signs:
Nope
Nope
Mood:
Good - Just let myself get too tired at times.
Good - Just let myself get too tired at times.
Sleep:
I sleep well after I fall asleep, but there were a few nights where I had just a minor challenge falling asleep. Not as bad as a few of the nights over the last couple weeks, though.
I sleep well after I fall asleep, but there were a few nights where I had just a minor challenge falling asleep. Not as bad as a few of the nights over the last couple weeks, though.
Dreams:
I had one last Monday night before our ultrasound that I had some blood test done to find out if everything was okay with the baby and when I looked at the results, it said that the baby was a boy... I remember being sad that I knew the gender before the baby was born, so that kind of solidifies our decision to not find out the gender for me. Must have been the right choice! We'll see if my dream was right!
I had one last Monday night before our ultrasound that I had some blood test done to find out if everything was okay with the baby and when I looked at the results, it said that the baby was a boy... I remember being sad that I knew the gender before the baby was born, so that kind of solidifies our decision to not find out the gender for me. Must have been the right choice! We'll see if my dream was right!
Miss anything:
Being able to move without feeling like it's a huge effort!
Being able to move without feeling like it's a huge effort!
Gender prediction:
I still think boy but Trent is pretty convinced it's a girl now, I think. He's said it's a girl for a while now, but during our ultrasound last Tuesday, the Ultrasound Tech said "Her" at one point. She says she said "our" and not "her" and that she didn't even know the gender herself, so who knows what the truth is... But that just fueled his fire that it's a girl!
I still think boy but Trent is pretty convinced it's a girl now, I think. He's said it's a girl for a while now, but during our ultrasound last Tuesday, the Ultrasound Tech said "Her" at one point. She says she said "our" and not "her" and that she didn't even know the gender herself, so who knows what the truth is... But that just fueled his fire that it's a girl!
Names:
Nothing new this week with names.
Nothing new this week with names.
Best moments of the week:
Last week was a week full of fun and exciting "best moments"! One of the best moments was seeing our baby last Tuesday during our growth scan. It wasn't quite the same as the 20 week one where you see every part of the baby and they spend a lot of time showing you different things, but she showed us the baby's face and even took some 3D pictures for us! It's so crazy to get to see a little more clearly what our baby is going to look like!! I love looking at the pictures!
My coworkers threw me a surprise baby shower on Tuesday afternoon! I thought I was going to a meeting to talk about asbestos reserve accounts, so I was totally surprised when I got there and all of my past and present coworkers and bosses were all there! They all went together and got us our car seat and a 4moms MamaRoo swing! I am pretty sure my face was red the entire time because I was surprised and embarrased from being the center of attention. It was all so great, though. I really felt so loved!
We also moved our maternity pictures up a week, so we had those taken on Thursday evening. I wasn't 100% sure if I wanted any taken, but I didn't want to regret it if I didn't. I figured I could always just hide them and never let anyone see them if I don't like them! :) I'm glad they are done so I don't have to worry about getting any bigger before taking them! Overall, I'm glad we had them taken and even if I don't love me in all of them, it is nice to have them!! We got the pictures back last night, so I'll share the ones I like in a post later this week. But for now, here's a couple good ones! I had better get them shared before they become old news and we all just want to see pictures of the baby and not of my big belly!!
The dogs and I also took a quick trip to Westside this weekend. Although it was a little rough being a single parent while being away from home (never a dull moment with Millie around), it was nice to be there and spend some time with my mom! The dogs and I were all exhausted when we got home and spent much of Sunday just resting and recuperating from our little day trip.
Last week was a week full of fun and exciting "best moments"! One of the best moments was seeing our baby last Tuesday during our growth scan. It wasn't quite the same as the 20 week one where you see every part of the baby and they spend a lot of time showing you different things, but she showed us the baby's face and even took some 3D pictures for us! It's so crazy to get to see a little more clearly what our baby is going to look like!! I love looking at the pictures!
My coworkers threw me a surprise baby shower on Tuesday afternoon! I thought I was going to a meeting to talk about asbestos reserve accounts, so I was totally surprised when I got there and all of my past and present coworkers and bosses were all there! They all went together and got us our car seat and a 4moms MamaRoo swing! I am pretty sure my face was red the entire time because I was surprised and embarrased from being the center of attention. It was all so great, though. I really felt so loved!
We also moved our maternity pictures up a week, so we had those taken on Thursday evening. I wasn't 100% sure if I wanted any taken, but I didn't want to regret it if I didn't. I figured I could always just hide them and never let anyone see them if I don't like them! :) I'm glad they are done so I don't have to worry about getting any bigger before taking them! Overall, I'm glad we had them taken and even if I don't love me in all of them, it is nice to have them!! We got the pictures back last night, so I'll share the ones I like in a post later this week. But for now, here's a couple good ones! I had better get them shared before they become old news and we all just want to see pictures of the baby and not of my big belly!!
![]() |
| The best picture we could get of our little family! |
Nursery Things:
I didn't really do anything new in the nursery this week, I cleaned everything out in anticipation for taking pictures in there, so now I need to work on getting everything back in there and in it's place!
I did have to buy a set of crib sheets from Target on Wednesday night so we had some on the bed for our pictures. I also ordered some online a few days prior, but since we moved our pictures up, they weren't going to be here on time.
Jared's girlfriend, Kenzie, was nice enough to paint a shelf that I wanted to put in the nursery for me this last weekend, so we can get that hung up along with some frames and things in the near future!
I really had better get moving on getting everything done or the baby's going to be here before we're ready!
Looking forward to:
Celebrating June birthdays with Trent's family this weekend and celebrating the 4th of July with them. And I'm looking forward to Trent returning on Wednesday as well! :)
I didn't really do anything new in the nursery this week, I cleaned everything out in anticipation for taking pictures in there, so now I need to work on getting everything back in there and in it's place!
I did have to buy a set of crib sheets from Target on Wednesday night so we had some on the bed for our pictures. I also ordered some online a few days prior, but since we moved our pictures up, they weren't going to be here on time.
Jared's girlfriend, Kenzie, was nice enough to paint a shelf that I wanted to put in the nursery for me this last weekend, so we can get that hung up along with some frames and things in the near future!
I really had better get moving on getting everything done or the baby's going to be here before we're ready!
Celebrating June birthdays with Trent's family this weekend and celebrating the 4th of July with them. And I'm looking forward to Trent returning on Wednesday as well! :)
Other things:
Our ultrasound was quite an adventure this time. It was about half as long as the 20 week ultrasound, but I got very light headed at one point, so I rolled over onto my side and Trent fanned my face with a clipboard for a while and the ultrasound tech gave me an ice pack to put on my chest. After I felt better, I rolled back onto my back and we started again. That lasted about another five minutes before I started to get hot and feel sick again and, this time, I threw up in a little barf bag that the ultrasound tech gave me. Fun times! Luckily the ultrasound was almost over by that time, so that was the end of all the excitement.
We found out during our ultrasound that our baby is looking like she's around 5lb 7oz right now. I don't remember what percentile the baby was in, but at our appointment on Wednesday, the doctor started throwing around scheduling a C section if the baby gets to be too big. I, of course, got upset because that's totally not part of "the plan." If a C section is necessary to keep the baby safe, then that's fine, but I'm not comfortable with going through major surgery without even trying to birth our baby naturally! God gave me big hips for a reason and I am completely confident in my body's ability to birth big babies! No one here is shocked that our baby is on the big side! I am pretty sure that our doctor was just trying to prepare us for what may come, but it still made me upset at first.
I feel much better about it now :) One of my friends and coworkers sent me a blog post that I really liked and it really drove home the point that I can't let the pressure of one day's plan overshadow the miracle of a lifetime! I totally trust and have faith that everything will happen how it's supposed to happen!
We see our new doctor next week for the first time, the one who will be delivering our baby, so we will see what she says about the whole thing. We also have to go back for another growth scan when I'm around 36 weeks and then we'll know more about what the baby's size will be closer to delivery. We also had a good talk with our birth class instructor and she had some good advice on how to handle the whole situation, so I'm definitely feeling more at ease about the whole situation for the time being.
Besides telling us that the baby is big, baby's heartbeat was 147 during the ultrasound on Tuesday and "in the 140s" at our appointment on Wednesday. My fundal height was at 36 weeks this week.
Our ultrasound was quite an adventure this time. It was about half as long as the 20 week ultrasound, but I got very light headed at one point, so I rolled over onto my side and Trent fanned my face with a clipboard for a while and the ultrasound tech gave me an ice pack to put on my chest. After I felt better, I rolled back onto my back and we started again. That lasted about another five minutes before I started to get hot and feel sick again and, this time, I threw up in a little barf bag that the ultrasound tech gave me. Fun times! Luckily the ultrasound was almost over by that time, so that was the end of all the excitement.
We found out during our ultrasound that our baby is looking like she's around 5lb 7oz right now. I don't remember what percentile the baby was in, but at our appointment on Wednesday, the doctor started throwing around scheduling a C section if the baby gets to be too big. I, of course, got upset because that's totally not part of "the plan." If a C section is necessary to keep the baby safe, then that's fine, but I'm not comfortable with going through major surgery without even trying to birth our baby naturally! God gave me big hips for a reason and I am completely confident in my body's ability to birth big babies! No one here is shocked that our baby is on the big side! I am pretty sure that our doctor was just trying to prepare us for what may come, but it still made me upset at first.
I feel much better about it now :) One of my friends and coworkers sent me a blog post that I really liked and it really drove home the point that I can't let the pressure of one day's plan overshadow the miracle of a lifetime! I totally trust and have faith that everything will happen how it's supposed to happen!
We see our new doctor next week for the first time, the one who will be delivering our baby, so we will see what she says about the whole thing. We also have to go back for another growth scan when I'm around 36 weeks and then we'll know more about what the baby's size will be closer to delivery. We also had a good talk with our birth class instructor and she had some good advice on how to handle the whole situation, so I'm definitely feeling more at ease about the whole situation for the time being.
Besides telling us that the baby is big, baby's heartbeat was 147 during the ultrasound on Tuesday and "in the 140s" at our appointment on Wednesday. My fundal height was at 36 weeks this week.







1. You are gorgeous!
ReplyDelete2. That little peanut is SO cute. We had a 4-D ultrasound with Trice and I was amazed how much he actually looked like those pictures... and kind of creepy. ;)
3. I love you and everything will be a-okay. I'll pm you more, but I wanted to continue to be your trusted blog commenter. :)