Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Baby Fred - 31 Weeks!


Date:
June 15, 2015

How far along:
31 Weeks!!

How many weeks to go: 
9 Weeks! SINGLE DIGITS!!

Baby size:
Coconut or a Pineapple (depending on which app you ask)
About 3 1/3 lb
Over 16 inches long

Baby milestones: 
Baby is supposedly heading into a growth spurt. She's accumulating more fat underneath her skin and moving around a lot. (Agreed)

Maternity clothes: 
You betcha! I had to go buy some more tank tops this weekend because I was afraid I wasn't going to make it through the next few months... Crazy how the weather has changed since I started wearing maternity clothes!

Stretch marks: 
Not yet

Belly button in or out: 
It's changing some more, but it's still flat and the top is sticking out

Symptoms: 
Had a little trouble breathing comfortably at night on Sunday, but it's nothing too bad. I'm not concerned that I'm not getting enough air or anything, it's just not comfortable is all. I am also still having random heart palpitations, which doesn't help with the breathing situation, but they are definitely less often than they used to be.
My belly also gets pretty heavy at times and feels like it is stretching a lot, and that's not always the most comfortable thing.
I for sure have to pee more than I used to! I can tell that the baby is squishing my bladder quite a bit these days. I'm trying to drink a lot more water to help keep the Braxton Hicks contractions and any cramping away though, so that doesn't help with the whole having to pee all the time thing... That's the way it goes, though, I guess.

Food cravings: 
Nothing really... We've been eating our fair share of DQ lately, which I'm not complaining about :)

Movement:
There are spurts where there's quite a lot of movement. Sometimes my belly gets kind of lopsided or gets lumps in it from the baby pushing on the outside. It's pretty cool, and I usually feel where the baby is pushing, but I am also afraid of pushing back too hard and bruising the baby. Is that a thing? haha

Labor signs: 
None that I know of...

Sleep: 
I've been pretty sleepy this week. I'm not sure if it's because the baby's growing or because I've been working hard or what... Other than the night that I had troubles breathing and woke up pretty often, I have been sleeping well, though. I even tried out the nursery chair this week and slept in it for a few hours one night when I couldn't sleep. Sitting up in the chair seemed to be what it took to get to sleep... the good news is that the chair is comfortable and nice to sleep in!

Dreams: 
I had a few dreams last week with some coworkers in it... I don't remember too many of the details, though. I also had one Sunday night when I had gone to lay on the couch for a while hoping that it would help me feel better with the whole breathing thing... In the two hours that I was laying there, I had a dream about some scary creature being in our room and making it so none of the lights worked and stuff. It didn't freak me out enough to keep me from going back up to bed, but it still was creepy.

Miss anything: 
Same ol'... miss having a lot of clothes that fit and I miss being able to get off the couch without it being a big ordeal!

Gender prediction: 
Still boy for the most part, but my feeling isn't as strong as it once was

Names: 
Nothing new here. I'm hoping that we have some sort of sign of what our baby's name should be or something like that :) I am pretty sure it's probably going to be a final decision that's made after the baby's here... as much as we say we'd like to have a final boy and girl name before then...

Best moment of the week: 
The weekend was pretty great. Trent and I just hung out around home, slept in, watched some Netflix, he played some games on Sunday afternoon while me and the dogs all napped, I went and did some shopping, he did some work in the hard... it was just a nice weekend.
Life is pretty good these days!

Nursery Things:
We went to Lowe's on Saturday morning and bought the shelf and rod for the baby's closet, so we will get that hung up next weekend! I put some of the stuff that we got from our baby shower away in the nursery and laid out what clothes we have so far so I can figure out what we need to get by the first few days of our baby's life before we are able to start buying clothes specific to the baby's gender!
The nursery feels like it's kind of a mess right now, but hopefully things will start coming together soon and looking more organized!

Looking forward to: 
Having Friday off of work! We're going to the Walnut Antique Show with Trent's family. It looks like it's supposed to be a nice day weather-wise, so hopefully my body can handle me walking around all day and it will all just be fabulous!
We're then going to see my family on Sunday to watch Alex play basketball and then have a birthday party at The Pizza Ranch! Woot! Should be another fun weekend!

Other things: We had an appointment last Friday. The baby's heartbeat remains in the 150s again. I measured at 34 weeks, which is 1 centimeter over what they want you to be at this point (They say they want it to be 26 and 33) so I have to go in for a growth scan before my next appointment to see how baby is developing. I always thought it was so strange how people could have so many ultrasounds during their pregnancy, as I always thought there was only two, but here I am about to see our baby for the fifth time! (To be fair, one of those times was very early in the Emergency Room because of the cyst I had on my ovary and we were checking to be sure the baby was in the right and place and then the one other "extra" time was just for like five minutes because the DVD they made at our 20 week ultrasound didn't work... but still) I'm not sure what they are going to tell us from this ultrasound other than maybe that our baby is big (SHOCKER!) but I guess we'll find out...
Our appointment next week is our last one with our current doctor. That's kind of sad because we really like her, but she is a little over a month out from having her own baby, so she won't be there in the end anyway. We're actually switching to the doctor that will be delivering her baby, so I know we'll be in good hands.
We also booked a maternity picture session with a local photographer in a few weeks. I'm not super excited about it because I'm past the point where I think I look "cute" but I did't want to regret not having them in the end, so I'm hoping she can make me look alright!

1 comment:

  1. 9 weeks?! EEEEEEK! I'm getting way too excited about this baby arriving.. not sure I have the patience for 9 more weeks. ;) You will look gorgeous in your pictures - as always. Love you!

    ReplyDelete