Since I'm way behind on anything unbaby related, I'm just going to do one picture overloaded post to catch up on everything that's happened (at least everything that I have a picture of) that I haven't already blogged about since the last part of March.
So here it goes!
March 20, Joce and I went to Lincoln to a Sam Hunt concert with her two Michelle friends. It was a great concert!
On March 26, I went to the Assure Women's Center annual Fundraising Dinner with my bestie Lauren. Lauren works at the Women's Center a few times a month and it is something she's very passionate about and I was very happy to be able to support her! It was a great program and dinner.
(This is the best I've got for a picture)
On March 27, Trent, Jocelyn, Danielle and I went to a fish fry at Mary Our Queen. We stood in line for around 3 hours but had a fun time while doing it! The fish and other food wasn't half bad either :)
On April 12, we traveled to Des Moines to celebrate the upcoming arrival of my cousin Tricia's little baby boy who will be joining us at the end of July. Tricia and I were born 8 days apart, so it's pretty neat that our children will be close in age as well!
This cute picture happened on April 12 as well :)
On April 20, I joined Jocelyn and a bunch of her friends out for supper at Stokes for her birthday!
Millie was still cute on the 28th of April!
On May 2, Lauren, Bailey and I traveled to Hickman, NE for a diaper shower for our dear friend Mallory who's first little baby boy, Ben Allen, just graced the world with his presence last week!
May 8th (and into the 9th) was a special evening!! We went to the Garth Brooks concert here in Omaha. Trent got to experience his first country concert as well (and his ear drums didn't even burst!!).
On May 10, Mother's Day! Trent's parents came to visit us. As usual, they helped us tackle a few projects around the house. They brought along the crib that Trent's mom had repainted and his dad had reinforced, Trent's mom helped me to wallpaper the nursery closet, and Trent and his dad did some work outside. We did have some down time, too, in between all the work we did!
Millie was happy about the way the nursery was coming along!
On May 17, our family gave out scholarships, The Davey Kock Ag Scholarship for seniors going on to study something ag related and the Davey Kock Memorial Scholarship for the senior girls' basketball players, at AWV's graduation in memory of my dad for the third year.


Trent and I spent from May 22 to May 25 in Kansas City shopping and eating and swimming and eating and watching movies and eating and exploring and just having a good time!
Trent took off on May 27 to go Hiking up in Wisconsin with his dad. It was meant to be about a 6 night excursion, but all the rain they had gotten in the area made it pretty hard for them to do what they had set out to do. They ended up returning a little early (which was okay with me!). Here's a picture that Trent's mom sent me the night before they left of Trent and his dad going through all the stuff in their packs!
On June 6, I had white sauce from Pizza Hut for the first time in probably 5 or 6 years at least. It was amazing!
Millie's biological sister Maisie (Trent's sister's family's dog) spent the week of June 8-12 with us at our house. Both girls seemed to love getting to spend that much time together. Millie slept a lot in the days after Maisie went home! Here's a picture I took before leaving for work one morning - I'm sure they just chat away all day while they're in their kennels!
Mattie enjoys all the treats she gets by hanging around the puppies, but she makes sure to keep her distance as well!
As soon as Maisie left, Millie's attention was right back to Mattie!
On June 13, we made a family trip to DQ to get some Blizzards! Millie ended up in what looked like a not-so-comfortable position...
On June 14, Trent and I went to Union Pacific's Family Day at the CWS where we had lunch and then took a tour of the Heritage Fleet. It started raining, so we didn't stick around too long, but it was a nice little outing.
To celebrate Father's Day and the fact that our baby is super lucky to have the "Best Papa Ever," we gave Trent's dad a shirt that made sure that everyone that saw him would know it!
June 21 was one of the rare occasions where our family was all together at the same time, so my mom made sure we got a picture of it!
I know there are a lot of other fun things that have happened in the last 3 months, but this will just have to do... I consider myself caught up :)










































No comments:
Post a Comment