Last Sunday, my sister along with the help of some other family members, threw me and the little baby inside of me a fabulous baby shower!
| Who's excited for this baby to be here?!?! THIS girl!! |
When the guests came into the shower, they chose whether they thought "Baby Fred" is a boy or a girl and then hold the respective flower and take a picture with me. Each of the pictures will then go into the guest book next to some other fun things that each guest filled out for the shower.


After taking their picture with me, each guest filled out a prediction sheet of when they thought the baby would grace us with his/her presence, what they thought their length and weight would be, and then gave a name suggestion for our little one. The dates of birth ranged from August 6 to August 22nd. (I did notice no one picked August 13th!! No Friday the 13th birthdays for our baby! haha) I'm thinking it's going to be more towards the 22nd, so we'll see who's right in the end!!
Each person also filled out a little sheet where they wrote down things that they wished for the baby and wrote down some advice for me as well! Trent and I read through them the other night and there were some really good things in there! Some very sweet, some very practical and some a little humorous!! It will be fun to go back through it from time to time over the years!
Everyone doing their "homework" and enjoying some food!
While everyone filled out their cards and ate some food, I opened some presents. Baby Fred got quite a lot of good stuff and I can't wait to actually have a baby here to use all this great stuff. We're pretty lucky to have such generous and loving people in our lives!
The rest of the shower was spent talking and eating and imagining and telling stories about the guests' children and fun stuff like that! One of my very favorite friends, Grace, was in the area with her family as well, so she stopped by at the end of the shower with her family. This meant that I got to meet her little baby girl, Eliana, who was just born in April. Talk about a cherry on top of the already great day!!
It was such a fun day that I can't believe has already passed! Who would have already had a baby shower for this baby and in a few months he or she will be here with us!!
A HUGE thank you to my sister for making the day so great and planning the whole shower. It was amazing!
And thank you to the rest of my family members who helped my sister out with pulling off the great shower and to everyone who came to the shower and made our little growing family feel so loved!
And now we wait for the baby's arrival!
Grandpa Kock and Uncle Nick stopped by the shower too!
(Uncle Dan did too, but he left right as the picture taking was beginning)







Yay! So glad we were able to stop -- even if I look horrendous in that picture. Those bangs? Ah! I told you we were sweaty, dirty, and smelly. ;) Your shower looked super fun. Did I mention I'm excited for this baby?!
ReplyDelete