How many weeks to go:
11 Weeks
11 Weeks
Baby size:
Butternut Squash
2.5-3.8 lbs (let's be real, our baby is most definitely on the high end of that!)
15.2-16.7 inches long
Butternut Squash
2.5-3.8 lbs (let's be real, our baby is most definitely on the high end of that!)
15.2-16.7 inches long
Baby milestones:
Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature and her head is getting bigger (another thing that I think we can all be certain is going to be on the larger side) to accommodate her growing brain. Calcium is depositing into her skeleton to help her bones get stronger as well!
Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature and her head is getting bigger (another thing that I think we can all be certain is going to be on the larger side) to accommodate her growing brain. Calcium is depositing into her skeleton to help her bones get stronger as well!
Maternity clothes:
Yep. And I've gotta be aware of my shirt level these days because my belly will peak out the bottom if I'm not careful! And nobody wants to see that!
Yep. And I've gotta be aware of my shirt level these days because my belly will peak out the bottom if I'm not careful! And nobody wants to see that!
Stretch marks:
Not that I've seen
Not that I've seen
Belly button in or out:
Same ol' story here. Just the outside, top part sticking out.
Same ol' story here. Just the outside, top part sticking out.
Symptoms:
I had a slight internal panic mode last week because MY ANKLES WERE DISAPPEARING!!! (My coworkers probably wouldn't categorize it as a "slight internal panic" because I think each and every one of them heard about my inflating feet and ankles) I noticed it for the first time when I got to work last Wednesday and then on Thursday my shoes were fitting tighter. It still wasn't pretty on Friday, but I tried to lay on the couch with my feet up in the air as much as I could on Friday night and tried to drink more water and it seems to have helped! The little knobs on my feet reappeared and my work shoes don't leave indents in my feet anymore, so hopefully I can keep it under control!
I've also started to walk funny when I first stand up after sitting for a while and getting up of the couch has started to become a little more labor intensive as well.
I can't be certain (since I've never done this before and all) but I think I've had a few variations of Braxton Hicks contractions in the past week. There are times when my belly gets very hard and tight in certain areas. At first I thought it was just the baby moving around, but the tightness would stay around longer and wouldn't move like it would if it were the baby. I've never had more than one at a time that I know of and it's only happened a handful of times. Just another new experience for this pregnancy!
I had a slight internal panic mode last week because MY ANKLES WERE DISAPPEARING!!! (My coworkers probably wouldn't categorize it as a "slight internal panic" because I think each and every one of them heard about my inflating feet and ankles) I noticed it for the first time when I got to work last Wednesday and then on Thursday my shoes were fitting tighter. It still wasn't pretty on Friday, but I tried to lay on the couch with my feet up in the air as much as I could on Friday night and tried to drink more water and it seems to have helped! The little knobs on my feet reappeared and my work shoes don't leave indents in my feet anymore, so hopefully I can keep it under control!
I've also started to walk funny when I first stand up after sitting for a while and getting up of the couch has started to become a little more labor intensive as well.
I can't be certain (since I've never done this before and all) but I think I've had a few variations of Braxton Hicks contractions in the past week. There are times when my belly gets very hard and tight in certain areas. At first I thought it was just the baby moving around, but the tightness would stay around longer and wouldn't move like it would if it were the baby. I've never had more than one at a time that I know of and it's only happened a handful of times. Just another new experience for this pregnancy!
Movement:
There have been times when she's really been moving around quite a bit in there and there are times when I can tell she's pushing on the outside of my belly because it will get hard in a certain place for a while. It's pretty cool (and only slightly creepy)!
There have been times when she's really been moving around quite a bit in there and there are times when I can tell she's pushing on the outside of my belly because it will get hard in a certain place for a while. It's pretty cool (and only slightly creepy)!
We actually timed it right on Saturday night that Trent was touching my belly when the baby was pushing on the outside as well. I think he thought it was a little strange as well!
I don't know if it will ever not be odd to feel something moving around inside of me, but it is pretty cool to feel it more often!
I don't know if it will ever not be odd to feel something moving around inside of me, but it is pretty cool to feel it more often!
Labor signs:
None
None
Sleep:
Sleeping well for the most part. Changing positions is getting more difficult and my back hurts if I lay in a "wrong" position for too long, but overall, it's good I think.
Sleeping well for the most part. Changing positions is getting more difficult and my back hurts if I lay in a "wrong" position for too long, but overall, it's good I think.
Miss anything:
Not being sore, but it could be worse!
Not being sore, but it could be worse!
Gender prediction:
I don't know!
I don't know!
Names:
Nothing new. I'm getting them narrowed down in my head but Trent and I haven't had a serious discussion about it in a while.
Nothing new. I'm getting them narrowed down in my head but Trent and I haven't had a serious discussion about it in a while.
Best moment of the week:
Trent coming home from hiking early!!! It's not good that he didn't get to do his whole trip because it was just too wet up in Wisconsin, but Millie and I were ecstatic to have him back on Saturday afternoon!! We had a great rest of the weekend after he got home!!
Trent coming home from hiking early!!! It's not good that he didn't get to do his whole trip because it was just too wet up in Wisconsin, but Millie and I were ecstatic to have him back on Saturday afternoon!! We had a great rest of the weekend after he got home!!
I also was pretty excited that I got everything on my "to do while Trent is gone" list done by Sunday! (Except for cleaning out the refrigerator, but I'll just keep putting that off!) My list included things like cleaning out a cupboard and drawer for baby things, oiling all of our cutting boards, hanging curtain rods and curtains in the nursery and master bedroom, picking up the chair for the nursery, and vacuuming out my car (which I discovered is not a fun thing to do while pregnant!). Those were all pretty fun things to get accomplished!
Lastly, Aunt Doreen and Uncle Nick came to town on Saturday to do some shopping and they took some time to meet me for lunch at Red Robin (Yummm!) when they got here. We had some good food and sat and talked for quite a while! It was another awesome part of my week!
Lastly, Aunt Doreen and Uncle Nick came to town on Saturday to do some shopping and they took some time to meet me for lunch at Red Robin (Yummm!) when they got here. We had some good food and sat and talked for quite a while! It was another awesome part of my week!
Nursery Things:
A lot of fun stuff happened in the nursery this week!! Jocelyn went with me on Saturday morning to pick up the chair for the nursery and help me get it upstairs. It turned out great and it's very comfy!
I also got the curtains hung in the room. I even put up the curtain rod and the curtains 100% by myself, too! It was a lot of work getting up and down off a chair a thousand times while putting it all up, but it was worth it! I love the way they turned out!
Lastly, Trent got the Kallax shelf that we bought from IKEA last weekend put together on Sunday as well! The bins that go in the bottom cubbies of the shelf should be here this week, too, so it will look even more complete by the end of the week! I can't wait to put things on the shelves and fill the bins with baby stuff!
A lot of fun stuff happened in the nursery this week!! Jocelyn went with me on Saturday morning to pick up the chair for the nursery and help me get it upstairs. It turned out great and it's very comfy!
![]() |
| Millie needed to inspect the chair, too! |
![]() |
| Not the best phone picture with the bright light! |
Looking forward to:
We start our birth class this week, so I'm excited to get that started. I also have my baby shower back in Westside on Sunday afternoon!! I can't wait for the abundance of baby things that are going to be coming into our house when it's all over! Yippee! I know I am just going to want to organize it and put it all away right when I get home!
We start our birth class this week, so I'm excited to get that started. I also have my baby shower back in Westside on Sunday afternoon!! I can't wait for the abundance of baby things that are going to be coming into our house when it's all over! Yippee! I know I am just going to want to organize it and put it all away right when I get home!





Yay! The highlight of my week -- reading your baby bump update!! The nursery is looking great and so are you! Anxious to hear about your birth class! Love you!
ReplyDelete