Weight:
We haven't been to the doctor at all this month (thank goodness) so I'm not sure how much he weighs!!
Height:
Just continuing to grow!
Clothes:
Samuel is in 9-18 month onesies and 12-18 month pants. No one size fits him perfectly, so it just kind of depends on each piece of clothes. Most 18 month onesies are still too big for him, but I think the 18 month pants are needed to fit over his butt. His thighs and butt are where it's at for him!
Sleep:
This month was pretty good in the sleep department. It has especially gotten fabulous as the month ended.
He averaged 10 hours and 42 minutes of sleep at night with his longest night of sleep being just over 12 and a half hours and his shortest being 5 hours and 20 minutes (I don't quite remember what happened that night. It was the only night of two that were under 8 hours). I am pretty happy that we have crossed over the 12 hour-a-night threshold, but most nights it's pretty hard to get him to bed in time for him to get his whole 12 hours in before he has to get up and get ready to go to daycare the next day. It's nice on the weekends and vacation days when he is able to sleep as long as he wants! (And the days I oversleep and am late for work so he gets to sleep in longer - he used to be my backup alarm, but not so much anymore)
He still isn't doing so well at daycare naps and the whole sleeping in the car on the way to and from daycare has reduced a little, but since he sleeps so well at night, I think that he's getting enough rest each day in total (usually around 13 hours) Usually if he sleeps at least an hour at daycare, it is a pretty good day and I'd say that most days he gets that, thankfully.
Likes:
Samuel still loves attention! And he's a very curious little guy. He loves to check everything out both by holding onto it and waving it around and by sticking it in his mouth. He loves watching the dogs and giggles when they get close to him and when they play/fight with each other. He loves to check himself out in the mirror as well.
Mornings are Samuel's jam when he wakes up on his own (before he realizes he's super hungry). It makes me just want to hang out with him all day long!!
Samuel really likes being at daycare, too. The way he smiles at his teachers, Ms. Connie and Ms. Angie, when we get to his room in the morning is just so precious. It makes me so happy that he is with people that he clearly loves all day while we're at work!
Likes:
Samuel still loves attention! And he's a very curious little guy. He loves to check everything out both by holding onto it and waving it around and by sticking it in his mouth. He loves watching the dogs and giggles when they get close to him and when they play/fight with each other. He loves to check himself out in the mirror as well.
Mornings are Samuel's jam when he wakes up on his own (before he realizes he's super hungry). It makes me just want to hang out with him all day long!!
Samuel really likes being at daycare, too. The way he smiles at his teachers, Ms. Connie and Ms. Angie, when we get to his room in the morning is just so precious. It makes me so happy that he is with people that he clearly loves all day while we're at work!
Dislikes:
There still isn't much that Samuel doesn't like. He has started to show a little separation anxiety and really doesn't like it when I (or anyone really) leave him alone - even if it's just to go across the room to grab something. He also doesn't like it when I walk into a room and don't go right to him and pick him up. I guess I feel pretty loved :)
Firsts/Milestones/Development:
This month Samuel became a rockstar at sitting up and reaching for different toys while sitting there. He hasn't been rolling over as much, but I think it's just because he likes to sit up instead!
He has really started to be able to stand up on his own while hanging onto something, but he's got a ways to go before he will really balance by himself while doing that. When I hold my hands out he will even reach out and pull himself up to the standing position. He can't quite do that when hanging onto the coffee table or anything yet because he can't get the same grip as he can when hanging on to someone's hands, but it's a start! He looks so grown up when he pulls himself up or stands by himself next to something!
Samuel's favorite sounds to say are still "dadada" and nothing else really too consistent. I have heard a few "baba's" and even a few "mama's" here and there, but that's about it!
Samuel is really so much fun. He is such a happy and content baby! He has started to bury his head in my shoulder when he gets excited and kind of hug the person who's holding him and I absolutely love it!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------





No comments:
Post a Comment