Thursday, August 11, 2016

Samuel Davey - Eleven Months


Weight:
We didn't get any official weight measurements this month because WE WENT A WHOLE MONTH WITHOUT GOING TO THE DOCTOR!!! Woohoo!!!

Height:
No height measurements this month either - he's growing, though!!!

Clothes:
Samuel is in 18 month tops and shorts now. I JUST said that he was all set for a while on clothes, but some of the 18 month stuff is already getting to small, especially the shirts and his non-mesh shorts!!

Sleep:
This was a great sleep month!! He slept an average of 10 hours and 50 minutes each night. His longest sleep was 12 hours and 15 minutes and his shortest was 6 hours and 20 minutes. That 6 hour night was by far the shortest! That was the only night where he slept less than 9 hours and 45 minutes straight! (We should be super rested, don't you think!?!)
He still hasn't taken a nap at daycare that's over an hour long in many many months, but I guess that's the way it's going to be!
Likes:
Samuel really likes that he's able to crawl around so well and pull himself up on whatever he wants. He loves to be standing, so he'll crawl from one thing to the next, pulling himself up to see what he can get his hands on!

He also loves his walker, so he's able to walk around with it and get where he wants that way as well! He started really using it earlier this month and has gotten pretty steady as he's been using it more and more each day.

He likes baths still! When he's crawling around in the mornings as I'm getting ready, he likes to crawl over to the bath and pull himself up there to look in. It's pretty cute! (And I much prefer that he pull himself up on the bathtub rather than the toilet! Eww!)

Samuel still loves his daycare friends and teachers and loves food! He also likes to wave and shake toys and yell in high pitched voices!

Dislikes:
Samuel does not like grass or balloons! He cries and acts like he's being tortured if he is on the grass and was super scared of balloons blowing in the wind when I was trying to get pictures of him for his birthday party invitations this month. I'm sure he'll grow out of those eventually :)
The scary grass and balloons:
Poor guy :(
Firsts/Milestones/Development:
As I mentioned above, Samuel has been spending a lot of time standing lately. He can pull himself up on almost anything now, which makes it so he's able to get at more stuff! He started walking with his walking toy and has gotten better and better at it with each day! I love seeing him walk around with it - especially because I know he loves being able to get around that way! It won't be long before he's walking all on his own, I'm sure!

Samuel has learned to crawl really fast and he loves to crawl after all of the dog toys and their water and food bowls. We've had to start putting the water bowl up when Samuel is in the kitchen/living room because it's like a magnet and he's always crawling towards it to put his hand in it! And he knows he's not supposed to do it because he will crawl towards the bowl and then look at you and as soon as you walk towards him to pick him up or keep him from putting his hand in the bowl, he'll laugh and put his hand in there... Such a stinker! One day it will no longer be as cute when he doesn't listen! :) Luckily the dogs are pretty good with him. They love checking him out and especially loves hanging around him at meal time!!

Right at the beginning of the month, we went to Des Moines to visit Grandma Kock who was in the hospital after have surgery to give one of her kidney's to Uncle Dan. We saw her in the hospital and then went to "take care of her" a few days later after she got home. Samuel showed her how to take a good nap while we were there :)


We celebrated the June/July birthdays in the Fredericksen family this month at our house. Aunt Melodie and Uncle Russ brought along a little swing set that Taylor and Jenna used to use when they were younger, so Samuel got his first experience in a swing! I'm not quite sure he knew what to think at first, as he just kind of stared, but he was very content to just let Taylor or Jenna push him, and he eventually gave out a few smiles and waved at us!

Our family!
Samuel spent his first nights away from both of his parents this month and stayed at Nana and Papa's for four nights all by himself while we were in Seattle! He had a great time and got to do some really fun stuff! He got to eat a lot of good food, go to Target and get a toy, play in the cupboards, and get all of Nana and Papa's attention!! I was nervous about how it would go (more for me than for him) since I hadn't ever been away from him at night, but he did so great! He slept well and was just his good ol' self! I know he loved it and will be something he wants to do a lot as he grows up!

On a water taxi in Elliott Bay with the Seattle skyline and the
Space Needle behind us
Samuel started using sign language this month! I don't know officially when he started doing it because I think I may have just been missing what he was telling me, but this is the day I knew for sure he was doing it. His "more" looks just like clapping because he's not quite coordinated enough to get his fingers together, but he's got it!! Sometimes I think he knows how to do "all done" and "eat" as well, but I'm not quite sure on that one yet. They work on the sign language at daycare too, so I know that helps a ton! I'm so proud of him and I hope we keep doing even more!


Samuel has learned to give kisses. He will sometimes even give me a kiss when I ask/tell him to - as long as he's not too interested and distracted in something else that's going on around him! They're nice and slobbery, but I love it! I love that little guy so much!!


Samuel is just continuing to grow and grow and learn new things every day! It's so fun to watch him explore and figure things out! He's just the best! We're busy planning his 1st birthday party and I can't believe it!! This year went so incredibly fast!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See how much Samuel has grown:
One Month
Two Months
Three Months
Four Months
Five Months
Six Months
Seven Months
Eight Months
Nine Months
Ten Months





He loves to look out the window in his room!
Playing peek-a-boo behind the curtain with his dad!

2 comments:

  1. I just love him! Isn't baby sign language so much fun?! Trice loves teaching Eliana new signs! He will be walking in no time! Was Seattle just for fun or work or both? I'm glad he did so well. We left the kids for the first time this weekend, and I miss them so much already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love him! Isn't baby sign language so much fun?! Trice loves teaching Eliana new signs! He will be walking in no time! Was Seattle just for fun or work or both? I'm glad he did so well. We left the kids for the first time this weekend, and I miss them so much already.

    ReplyDelete