I'm not sure on his weight quite yet - he has his 1 year appointment on the 1st of September, so we'll know officially then! Our estimate by weighing him at home a few weeks ago was somewhere between 26 and 27 pounds
I'll update it after his appointment tomorrow!
UPDATE: He was 26 lb 8 oz at his 12 month check up
I'll update it after his appointment tomorrow!
UPDATE: He was 26 lb 8 oz at his 12 month check up
Height:
No height measurements this month either - we measured him with a tape measure a few weeks ago and estimated him to be about 31 inches, so we'll see how close we are :)
UPDATE: He was 30.5 inches at his 12 month check up.
Clothes:
We have broken into the 2T clothes! He's got a pair of 2T jeans and a few pairs of shorts... It's crazy that he owns shorts and jeans that have real zippers and buttons on them!! He's still in 18 month shirts, but we'll see how long that lasts! We've got 24 month and 2T shirts just waiting for the day those 18 month ones get to tight!!
Sleep:
Samuel had another great month of sleep. It's amazing what happens when he isn't sick for months at a time!! We really got lucky in the sleep department with Samuel.
This month he averaged 10 hours and 55 minutes of sleep each night. His longest night of sleep was 12 hours 6 minutes and his shortest was 5 hours 10 minutes at one time (I don't remember what happened that night... I think he just missed me and wanted to snuggle for a while!)
He only had three nights this month where he slept for less than 10 hours in one stretch. And one of those nights was when we went to Nana and Papa's right after work, so he took a 2 hour nap on the way there but then was up and played for a while before going to bed and then I had to wake him up in the morning so we could get to where we were going that day, so that one wasn't even his fault!!
He's still doing the one half hour nap at daycare during the week... He's getting by with that, though, so we just have to go with it!
This month he averaged 10 hours and 55 minutes of sleep each night. His longest night of sleep was 12 hours 6 minutes and his shortest was 5 hours 10 minutes at one time (I don't remember what happened that night... I think he just missed me and wanted to snuggle for a while!)
He only had three nights this month where he slept for less than 10 hours in one stretch. And one of those nights was when we went to Nana and Papa's right after work, so he took a 2 hour nap on the way there but then was up and played for a while before going to bed and then I had to wake him up in the morning so we could get to where we were going that day, so that one wasn't even his fault!!
He's still doing the one half hour nap at daycare during the week... He's getting by with that, though, so we just have to go with it!
Likes:
Samuel loves playing! He will just play and play and play if we let him! He loves playing at daycare with his friends and all the toys they have there and then he loves playing with his toys at home, too. At night, Trent will take him to get his PJs on and then they will play in his room until it's time to go to sleep. Samuel plays with his alphabet train and his books and just crawls around until we make him stop. And he's not always happy that we make him stop!
One of Samuel's newest favorites is his Cozy Coupe Car that he got from Nana and Papa for his birthday. He is pretty much addicted to that thing!! As soon as he sees it, he has to play with it!! He will open the door and crawl in and then crawl back out and then do that over and over. We've even locked the door to the car to try to keep him from playing in it because it was time to eat or something like that and he will just crawl through the window to get into it. It's moments like that, where he doesn't listen, that I really fail as a parent because it's just so cute and so I just laugh instead of being stern with him! :) He loves to be pushed in his car and he loves it when whoever is pushing him chases Millie or some other person! It's pretty much the cutest!
Samuel trying out his car at his birthday party.
Samuel loves playing! He will just play and play and play if we let him! He loves playing at daycare with his friends and all the toys they have there and then he loves playing with his toys at home, too. At night, Trent will take him to get his PJs on and then they will play in his room until it's time to go to sleep. Samuel plays with his alphabet train and his books and just crawls around until we make him stop. And he's not always happy that we make him stop!
One of Samuel's newest favorites is his Cozy Coupe Car that he got from Nana and Papa for his birthday. He is pretty much addicted to that thing!! As soon as he sees it, he has to play with it!! He will open the door and crawl in and then crawl back out and then do that over and over. We've even locked the door to the car to try to keep him from playing in it because it was time to eat or something like that and he will just crawl through the window to get into it. It's moments like that, where he doesn't listen, that I really fail as a parent because it's just so cute and so I just laugh instead of being stern with him! :) He loves to be pushed in his car and he loves it when whoever is pushing him chases Millie or some other person! It's pretty much the cutest!
Samuel trying out his car at his birthday party.
Samuel continues to be a pretty happy little guy who's full of smiles and laughter (until he's not, that is!). Samuel continues to like food, playing in Millie's kennel, waving, playing with the baby gate that separates the family room and dining room, laughing, standing, clapping, putting his hand in the dogs' water bowl, his daycare friends and teachers, crawling as fast as he can towards the stairs (either the top or the bottom, doesn't matter!) and many other things!!
Dislikes:
Samuel doesn't like when he doesn't get his way! :) Meaning he doesn't like to be left alone or walked away from when he isn't in the mood, doesn't like to not be able to play with what he wants when he wants, and doesn't like to be held when he wants to crawl or walk somewhere on his own! (Mostly when you're trying to make him go somewhere he shouldn't be!)
He still doesn't like grass very much and is scared when balloons come at him.
Pretty typical "baby" things for the most part!
Firsts/Milestones/Development:
At the beginning of Samuel's 12th month he started being able to stand on his own for a few seconds without hanging onto anything and then, by the end of the month, he has started walking!! He took his first official steps at his birthday party for everyone!! It was pretty special!! By the end of the month, he has taken 7-10 steps in a row before losing his balance and falling down. It's so fun to see him get better with walking every day now!
His first steps:
At the beginning of this month, Grandpa Jons passed away. I'm so happy that Grandpa got to meet Samuel and see him grow up during his first year of his life. I love that I have the memories of Samuel making Grandpa smile and having Grandpa "ohh" and "ahh" at him! I know Grandpa loved Samuel!
Dislikes:
Samuel doesn't like when he doesn't get his way! :) Meaning he doesn't like to be left alone or walked away from when he isn't in the mood, doesn't like to not be able to play with what he wants when he wants, and doesn't like to be held when he wants to crawl or walk somewhere on his own! (Mostly when you're trying to make him go somewhere he shouldn't be!)
He still doesn't like grass very much and is scared when balloons come at him.
Pretty typical "baby" things for the most part!
Firsts/Milestones/Development:
Samuel got his first haircut the day after his 11 month birthday. We went to Pigtails and Crewcuts and he sat in a little police car while she cut his hair. He did pretty good. He smiled at first when we put him in there and then just kind of stared blankly for a while before kind of getting fussy and acting like he wanted out. She gave him an animal cracker to gnaw on then, and everything as better and he sat very nicely while she finished his hair cut. I did love his long hair that he had going on cuz I thought he looked super cute, but it was getting into his eyes and over his ears and he had a bit of a mullet and long comb over thing going on so it was needed! I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I absolutely loved his haircut when he got done, though. He looks sooo grown up *tear* and handsome!! I was shocked at how much I loved it! He's all ready to be a 1 year old now with his new haircut! :)
![]() |
| Before and after! |
Jocelyn started off Samuel's birthday month by giving him his first birthday gift early. This way he was able to focus on just the one present and wasn't too overwhelmed with a bunch of other presents to open at the same time. She gave him this great name puzzle. I had one (and I think Trent had something similar) when I was little, so it is pretty fun that Samuel has one too!
We celebrated Samuel's birthday on the 14th of August! I'll write a whole post about it, but we had a lot of fun celebrating! We had about 35 people here for his party. Samuel got tons of attention and was spoiled with wonderful gifts. It was such a special day!
His first steps:
At the beginning of this month, Grandpa Jons passed away. I'm so happy that Grandpa got to meet Samuel and see him grow up during his first year of his life. I love that I have the memories of Samuel making Grandpa smile and having Grandpa "ohh" and "ahh" at him! I know Grandpa loved Samuel!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See how much Samuel has grown:










No comments:
Post a Comment